Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

I have. In Chicago. It was a lovely marinara kiddie pool, but it wasn’t pizza. But here, let Jon Stewart say it far better than me:

Well I would just like to say that I have eaten pizza in Napoli.

That’s how awesome I am.

Heh. I was a teenager in Napoli. That pizza is something else.

These words do not belong together. #nypizza

Add one more to the pile of ‘why Scalia was an idiot’

Interrupting the pizza mega tangent to post a sobering piece in the Economist on the rise and normalization of white nationalism.

In fact, the ties between American and European extreme-right groups are ever closer. Europe’s Generation Identity groups are linked to Identity Evropa, one of the the American far-right organisations that planned a “Unite the Right” rally in Charlottesville, Virginia in 2017, where a white nationalist drove his car into a crowd and killed a counter-protester. Marchers at that rally chanted “Jews will not replace us”, referring to the same “great replacement” thesis shared by European extremists and the Christchurch killer.

Mr Trump has played the role for American white nationalists that such leaders as Mr Orban played for Europe’s, says Brian Levin, who heads the Centre for the Study of Hate and Extremism at California State University, San Bernardino. These groups, he says, saw their ideas, such as building a wall like Mr Orban’s, and banning or deporting Muslims, “getting into the mainstream tent”. They took this as a “green light” for violence. And he notes that, like the young on Europe’s extremist right, they have softened their image in the past decade. Shaved heads and combat boots have given way to army haircuts, polo shirts and corduroy jackets.

Reported

I also reported you.
TO THE POLICE.
You’re going to jail for your soup pizza.

Soup pizza nazi!

(Just bringing the thread around.)

It’s just soup. In a bread bowl. Don’t insult pizza by calling it thus.

Yeah Brian we covered that one.

It was all fun and games until the Pizza Wars started.

I’m still reeling from the franchise wars of 2030.

What are my favorite parts of pizza? Cheese and toppings, you are telling me there is a way to get more?

This is what good Chicago pie has.

@ArmandoPenblade I call on you for help on defense here.

Fine how about this one?

Much better, thank you.