Neo Nazis and the Alt Right

A report on Alex Jonesā€™ InfoWars claiming child sex slaves have been kidnapped and shipped to Mars is untrue, NASA told The Daily Beast on Thursday.

ā€œThere are no humans on Mars. There are active rovers on Mars. There was a rumor going around last week that there werenā€™t. There are,ā€ Guy Webster, a spokesperson for Mars exploration at NASA, told The Daily Beast. ā€œBut there are no humans.ā€
[ā€¦]
When NASAā€™s Webster was asked about the veracity of the one rumor by The Daily Beast on Thursday, he responded, ā€œthereā€™s only one stupid rumor on the Internet? Now thatā€™s news.ā€

(Sorry, put this in the wrong thread again)

This is merely a clever ploy to get an enterprising right-wing space entrepreneur to ā€œself-investigateā€ a flight to mars!

I have mixed feelings on this. I know Germany has strong anti-hate speech laws, because of the whole Nazi thing. And this is, in spirit, the right thing to do. Quite frankly fuck Twitter and Facebook for letting these troglodytes find each other and harden their bubble, and for essentially becoming free platforms for Russia to undermine Western Democracy.

On the other hand, muh freeze peach. And Social Media is a pretty amazing communication tool when itā€™s used for good.

Even the hate speech laws in Germany fall foul of subjectivity and perception. Iā€™ll expect weā€™ll see some cases of the government enforcing brown on brown religious blasphemy and apostasy laws pretty soon.

Yeah, this is been prepared for a while. The big questions are whether they will extend the law to cover fake news and whether they can convince the rest of EU members to make this European regulation. The fake news thing could be big, IMO, but also maybe a big can of worms. Depends on application.

This, specifically, is not a really big deal. The law is the law, and itā€™s obvious social media companies are not above it and couldnā€™t legally distribute such content in Germany. Previously they claimed inability to delete general hate speech due to extreme content creation, but that argument looks silly now.

Itā€™s similar with data and privacy protection laws over here, which are more strict than in the US and can force companies to delete their data if users want to.

Is there an Alt-Left now too?

Wouldnā€™t they just fall into the large Venn Diagram circle of libtard cuck snowflakes?

Fortunately in this instance for said patriot, alt-left groups donā€™t use guns. They use guillotines.

Yep, fuck 'em. At the moment they all have enough money to throw into R+D for systems to begin to identifying, flagging and deleting this content. Barring that, they they can pony up and pay the person hours to address it. Social media should not unmonitored/unregulated platforms be for much of the vitriol that is spewed on them. Shit, half of their T+Cā€™s prohibit such things anyway, if all this does is force them to work out how to enforce the own T+Cā€™s, more the better.

I see the war on the free press is making good progress.

Obviously, not all historical re-enactors or collectors are Nazis, etc, etcā€¦

[quote]
Re-enactors were universally friendly, particularly the ones portraying Germans, who were eager to tackle assumptions about their choice of dress. ā€œI know itā€™s a fragile topic, but the fighting force was separate from the politics, the people who committed the atrocities,ā€ said Matt, a 19-year-old I approached at golden hour as he played cards with a few friends next to a truck flying a Kriegsmarine flag (ā€œThe atrocities,ā€ like ā€œerasing history,ā€ proved a memetic phrase.)[/quote]

[quote]
No one besides Mattā€™s family and re-enacting friends knows about his hobby, he said. ā€œI can tell you that the first thing Iā€™ll have to do when I come home from this is go on Facebook and untag a bunch of photos. People donā€™t understand that just because you wear this uniform doesnā€™t mean you believe what they believed.ā€ He told me he wants to be a police officer and knows that if photos of him dressed like a Nazi become public, heā€™ll never be able to pursue his dream.[/quote]

Seems like a risky hobby if you want to be a cop or teacher.

[quote]
In 2011 there was an uproar when a woman arrived with her three children in late-ā€™30s clothing that included handmade yellow stars sewn onto the left breast. Some re-enactors considered it inappropriate, but she kept coming for a while in the same garb. She wasnā€™t there this year, so a few days after getting home, I gave her a call.

Teresa is a native of Berks County and sheā€™s Roman Catholic, not Jewish. Being a local, she grew up spectating at the re-enactment and started attending in vintage civilian clothing as an adult. The stars, she told me, were a last-minute thing she added more as an accessory than a statement. ā€œBut the effect was stunning. We had literally hundreds of people stop us to say thank you. Parents used our impression to talk to their kids about the Holocaust.ā€

Veterans, she said, rose from their wheelchairs to salute. No one criticized her in person, but she heard from re-enactor friends that a smattering of negative comments had appeared on message boards. ā€œThere is as much anti-Semitism in the re-enacting community as there is in any other portion of the population,ā€ she said. ā€œMost people are coming here for history or honoring veterans, but there is a very small minority who come because itā€™s neo-Nazi Pride.ā€

She didnā€™t attend this year for personal reasons and lamented the fact that her absence left a conspicuous hole. ā€œWhen you look at a black and white photograph of someone in a star it seems long ago and far away, like it could never happen again,ā€ she said. ā€œIn 2011, when I started doing this, it didnā€™t seem like much of a threat. But now you have a rise of neo-Nazism. Thereā€™s a real danger of these weekends becoming disconnected from the real world.ā€[/quote]

This is the kind of trolling I can support.

Or, you know, a monarch. (Link from many years ago.)

This is the event I posted photos fromā€¦ they use the parking lot of the building I work in for daily parking for it. Itā€™s quite a thing to attend in person. I didnā€™t go inside this year, but I imagine in the current political climate that it may have felt different than it has in the past. It truly felt like history coming to life in amazing and also scary ways. Itā€™s kind of frightening to watch some of the battle re-enactment unfold. I think it does a lot more good than harm, though. I recommend it to anyone who wants to get up close with the period.

WWII Weekend

Also, I would not call this ā€œThe Heart of Trump Countryā€ because Iā€™m pretty sure the city of Reading was blue while surrounding areas were red, as happened throughout the country. My part of the county was blue. Hereā€™s the article and the mapā€¦

Itā€™s about like it was everywhere. Note Kutztown is blueā€¦ a college town.

Yeah, we used to go to these (4th of July, Memorial Day) events when I was a kid in Ft. Huachuca, AZ. One of the big things there is that at the time, it was home to the 10th Cav Regiment. The ā€œBuffalo Soldiersā€ of Bob Marley fame. They used to do a cracking good reenactment of some of the Indian Wars battles, and back in the 80ā€™s, this was with the actual live regimental horses that they still had in their unit for ceremonial purposes. It was a neat show then, but they slowly reduced the battle part of the fair until it was mostly a rodeo demonstration with trick-shot riding and nary a mention of massacring Indians.

When the military base held their events, the civilian town of Sierra Vista nearby would hold their own fairs with WWI and WWII memorabilia vendors. Lots of Nazi stuff was for sale. It didnā€™t bother me, but some of those collectors wereā€¦Umā€¦ā€œEnthusiasticā€ I guess youā€™d say.

https://twitter.com/GrafHeysoos/status/882506114289590273

https://twitter.com/ViewsFromtheRW/status/883079835295395842