Netflix’s Cowboy Bebop

A masterpiece anime that will leave fans with a sour taste if it is not faithful to the original. I will wait for the reviews before I actually give it a chance.

Some unfortunate news. I hope it’s not an ACL.

Cowboy Bebop” star John Cho sustained a knee injury on the set of the live-action Netflix series while filming in New Zealand in October, Variety has learned, leading to a 7-9 month break in production.

While the nature of the incident that led to the injury is not altogether clear, it occurred during a rehearsed sequence that was not considered to be a large-scale stunt. Cho is back in Los Angeles, where he will undergo surgery, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Cho seems like a weird casting as Spike.

Maybe in the meantime they could shoot all the scenes where Spike is wrapped head to toe in bandages.

Hope John Cho makes a full recovery!

ee5961968fe8

News:

Cowboy Bebop , based on the beloved sci-fi anime from director Shinichiro Watanabe (who will consult on the new series), was announced as a Tomorrow Studios/Netflix partnership back in 2018, and gained momentum when it cast John Cho in the leading role of bounty hunter Spike Spiegel in the summer of 2019. Sadly, even before the COVID-19 pandemic came along, the series was delayed due to an on-set accident in which Cho injured his knee. Even with those delays in mind, though, Adelstein told us he’s pleased with the progress on the show.

“So, we have finished three episodes. I think we’re into [shooting] six; then John Cho tore his ACL, unfortunately. But I have to tell you I really like the show. It’s really fun,” Adelstein said. “And we have gone out of our way, because of all these anime movies that have come out and been accused of being whitewashed, we have really gone out of our way. We have the original composer, Yoko Kanno, doing music. The characters are all sort of multiethnic, and it’s a great cast. And the two episodes I have seen are so much fun. It’s really fun.”

Via:
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusive-marty-adelstein-updates-cowboy-bebop-one-piece-series

Edit: Just in case you forgot this existed like I did.

Thanks for the bolded item. That’s the best bit of news in the article!

Yoko Kanno! We are blessed!

Is it supposed to be a Corgi? Maybe they are appealing to “bros” by substituting a bigger, more manly dog? Dunno.

Maybe it’s an ironic commentary on whitewashing anime.

That may be a first for leading roles in an entire series. (Ten episodes at least.)

Would like to see some footage soon.

Not sure if that’s a real question with my morning brain here. Yes, Ein is a Welsh Corgi (a combination of words delightfully pronounced by the Japanese voice cast).

Husky likely fits better into frame with the human actors.

Saw this earlier. If we are getting new music (or even better, a Seatbelts concert on the West coast) I don’t care whether everything else is awful.

Agreed! More Yoko= a good thing.

And they damn well better keep the intro song. Tank! Is an incredible song.

November 19.

Oh man, Cho’s hair looks BAD.

I thought the cast all looked pretty good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ This will still live or die by the music for me though.

Cho’s hair just looks totally ridiculous. I mean, I realize that Spike had poofy hair, but holy crap it looks absurd on Cho.