Neuroshima Hex - February league

Jaygittings (ny) > Astrolad (outpost) in a back and forth game that finally broke my way when I was able to hide my rocket launcher behind my headquarters. This is not a euphemism. Good game astro!

Lol. That’s awesome.

Dave, challenge sent.

Sorry for delays on turns, guys. I’ll get caught up today.

Joe, you didn’t report your win against me yet, have you? I was Jungle, and you were some army that bends Jungle over the couch and has its way.

Ha, yeah forgot about that, I’ve been pretty slow in this league so far.

Joe (Heg) over Dave (Jungle), I would say it was a good game, but it wasn’t. I got a great draw, surrounded his HQ and then put a beatdown on it. Got to love the random match generator. Good game! (I said it anyway)

pop58 hasn’t taken turns in several days… is my game stuck or is everyone having the same issue?

I haven’t seen anything from him either. I do remember him saying he is in Europe and the timezone difference makes it hard for him. This probably doesn’t account for days, but who knows.

Incorrect.

Dave, I’ve sent you a PM and a challenge.

I picked Smart cuz it seemed like a crazy matchup! Mobility everywhere for us both.

I don’t know about creating a new thread. I’m afraid I’m already the culprit in too many…?

unprolix (moloch) over jaygittings (steel police)

You must be thinking of someone else. I’m not in Europe, but I’ve been caught up with a work project for the better part of a week and haven’t sent any turns. I just sent you a turn, however, and I hope to get caught up with everyone else this weekend. My apologies.

Vesper, when I checked my games list today, I only have games with Maya, Joe and Jay. I don’t know what has happened to our game.

Round 1: This Land is your Land, this Land is my Land

When you go first, you have 4 spaces to put your HQ.

1. Center
  2. Inner Ring
  3. Outer Edge
  4. Outer Edge corner.

Most people uses 1 or 4. Number 3 is for special cases and number 2 is usually used when you want the center and you did not go first.

In my case, I’m putting my HQ in the corner. With only 3 lines of attack against me, it will be much easier to defend my HQ against the melee might of the Hegemony.

Edit: And I’m playing vs the Smart. So the corner doesn’t matter as much. The Smart however, have the most damaging melee unit in the game so some precaution is in order.

I’m liking where this is heading. Good stuff Trung!

Trung is clearly attempting to win by creating an overwhelming sense of boredom in me.

Edit: Hold up! He did finally push End Turn. He’s ready to face the music!

Here are the Steel Police tiles.

There are two nets, two tiles with the push ability, an HQ with the ability to net anyone on the board, and Trung has stuffed his HQ into a corner (the bottom corner!) like a little baby pants. Clearly he intends to wall himself in, push me away, and win 18-17.

The Steel Police suck for initiative, having only a single 3 initiative piece, which hides behind its widdle shieldy much like its baby pants general. However, the Police modules are fearsome, especially the three that give units an extra battle round (far right of the picture). Almost all of the Police units are ranged.

My army, Smart, is only mobile when the HQ is involved. (Smart has just one move tile, and none of its units can move on their own.) I don’t want to place my HQ against the wall because I would love to have all six spots around the HQ available for mobility.

I have three Gauss Cannons, which hit all enemy units in a line. Putting my HQ in the center column would take away a spot that a Cannon could occupy, so I placed my HQ in the inner ring but off the center column.

My guess is that my fate will hinge on preventing Trung from getting established; the fewer Steel Police units there are on the board, the better. Smart has 5 battle tiles and I may need to use every one of them.

Sweet, we are gonna get to see two senseis in action, all while one of em has his thumb up his ass.

I only need one thumb available to defeat Trung.

@Dave, funny feelings in my derriere aside, are we suppose to make a post every turn?

Smart only have 4 battle tiles, but maybe I shouldn’t have told you that.