Neuroshima Hex - November league

Tourny seems like its off to a slower start than last month. Maybe I should bust some nets out… ;)

Actually, I think I’ll switch to a new go-to team each month. This time I might try New York…

pastose(red) defeats hereafter(violent)

My first kill!

I was on the ropes the whole game and finally came roaring back at the end. Good game

Good game!

With two 1 point loses under my belt I’m gunning for Prolix’s title.

Get your own go to team. Use Vegas or Outpost :-P

Over the weekend, I’m going to implement a variation on the map game from last month, in which everyone picks a team to fight for and a team to fight against (but without the map). Stay tuned, and think about who you will pick! It’ll be secret again.

I think I’m going to :P my goal this month is to thwart hereafter’s charts :D

Attacking A.o.D. with Outpost and Dave Perkins with Vegas.

A.o.D violet beats Vesper purple 18 to 0 i managed to net the police hq early and bury my net so he couldnt get to it. And then placed a rocket launcher hitting for 6 every battle.

Pastose, I’m in five games now. As soon as I finish one I will accept your revenge invite:). I would not want to tax the gerbils running the servers and take on a sixth.

I’ve been too lazy to throw invites, but I’m not too lazy to accept them. I have three spots open!

clyve (outpost) defeats A.o.D(moloch) 15/0

Good game A.o.D. I just had the perfect hand every time :P

@clyve, it was horrible. I just felt like i was costantly getting shot up.

A.o.D violet beats Pastose red 8 to 3 . I think i really like new york. What with rocket launchers, snipers and a shotgun to boot.
Good game pastose

Most of of my opponents have been using New York. Quite popular.

It’s those stinking rockets!

How long have you been playing Neuroshima Hex Pastose?

In case you missed it, Clyve is champion of the October NH league! If you beat him this month, you can claim the [+2] badge and wear it with pride.

A few days

A couple of new things!

As per Vesper’s request last month, I notched down the advantages that players who play more frequently can get by earning badges.

[+2] Defeat last month's champion (clyve)
[+1] Defeat last month's runner-up (Dave Perkins)
[+1] For each set of three teams that you win with this month

I also want to invite everyone to send me a PM with the subject “NH Secret” (or some such thing), and in it you will pick a team that you are fighting for. (No requirement to do this.)

At the end of the month, the choices will be revealed. Then we will see how your win total with that team compares to everyone else who was fighting for a different team. (For example, if only Hereafter and A.o.D choose Steel Police, then Hereafter’s number of Steel Police wins will be compared not to A.o.D’s total, but to “the rest of the field’s” total.)

If you’ve won at least as many with your team as the rest of the field has, then these badges will apply:

[+2] If no more than two people chose that team
[+1] If more than two people chose that team

This last bit is simply to reward risk.

So if you want to take a crack at either of these last two badges, just send me a PM called “NH Secret” and choose a team you’ll be fighting for. I won’t look at them until the end of the month, so that I can choose a team myself!

One more thing!

I want to give players the option of specifying which teams will be played in each match, if they’d like to, in light of Hereafter’s amazing charts on page one of the thread.

========

So if you are challenging a player who has fewer points than you in the most recently updated ranking, then feel free to post a challenge here and specify the two teams you wish to play. For example, if I am currently ranked higher than prolix, I might post:

I challenge prolix using the teams New York and Smart.

Then prolix would choose one of the teams, create a game, name it something appropriate (e.g., “Prolix NY vs Dave Smart”), and we’re off.

========

But if you are challenging a player who has more points than you in the most recently updated ranking, then feel free to post your challenge here and not only specify the two teams but choose one yourself, as in:

I challenge Joe Bolt. I’ll be Vegas and Joe will be Steel Police.

Now I would create the game and name it something appropriate (e.g., “Dave Vegas vs Joe SP”).

========

Everyone is also free to simply make challenges like usual as well.

Comments and questions are welcome!