New Angeles Forum Game: Capital, CAPITAL!

9-1 seems a little preferable to avoid striking? Yes?

I hate to be the dumb new guy but I am still feeling out these early rounds. So far it seems like having all the cards ever is a good idea.

Well, if it strikes we can fix it next turn. Doesn’t look like threat gets reduced except with that biotech card and 6 capital (and then only by 2.) I’m in favor of 9/6.

1 has the same goods as 9, so I don’t like it as much.

@Jorn_Weines I will go with 9-6 assuming it goes through.

The only Support played was for the Counter Offer, so @Lantz is the winner!

Spin Doctors triggers, reducing Unrest in District 6 and 9. NBN gets 2 Capital.
Credits reduced by 1.

@Lantz gets the Asset. You can not trigger this round. As I understand the timing, the trigger is that the Counter Offer wins, and you receive this Asset after this step.

@rho21 is the new Active Player and has a refreshed hand.

The new Asset is:

Note: Only the Active Player has an End of Turn step.

Board state:

My fellow champions of business, I look at the megacity spread around us and I see a peaceful, prosperous, productive place with few problems. And this speaks to me (as I hope it does to all of you) of an opportunity for us, its tireless guardians, to briefly devote our energies to the imperative of pleasing our shareholders by making a little profit.

I happen to have some High-Risk Investments approaching maturity that could use your assistance to produce their full value. Or indeed any value. Complex financial derivatives, eh?
Anyway, that means I’m willing to hand out almost all of the capital realised from these investments to corporations that help me here.

@Perky_Goth

By the way: I have updated the gallery link in the first post. The ones I had made were practically unreadable, something I discovered when trying to look at them on my phone.

I’m sorry, kind of drowsy, kind of thinking. I’ll pass, this time.

@soondifferent

Hate to hold up the game with extended negotiations, but I’m not sure I share you rosy view our current situation @rho21. We have 4 sectors in protest right now with 1 in a tier 2 district, so by we’re looking at a 3 or 4 threat increase if we don’t do anything further (judging from what events we’ve seen) I can do something to placate the people in fact, and perhaps NBN can as well. Perhaps if you can be specifics about the nature of your investments and the beneficiaries…

Don’t worry. Negotiations is the game.

Have you read The Art of The Deal, by the way?

Mme Maucher looks to have an unfair advantage when it comes to the age old tradition of handshake wrestling. We’ll teleconference, thanks.

The events I quoted above would both give us 0 threat from our unrest. I’ve not seen any others though, so it’s possible we could get some threat as things stand - probably from “if there’s a tier-2 district in strike” or something like that. I feel we’ve made a good effort to mitigate it though, and we do have plenty of headroom in the threat department, given that we’re going to succeed at the demand.

Anyway, that’s beside the point, you wanted to know about how capital might be distributed from these investments. My plan was to share with those who help to ensure the offer passes while naturally offering nothing to those who look to counter it. Of course there’s only so much capital to go round, and no benefit to any of us if we all end up gaining 1 capital or something like that. I should make it perfectly clear that I don’t expect Globalsec to benefit by more than 1 net capital from this deal.

I certainly don’t intend to offer anything to people just to not put in a counter-offer (except perhaps Weyland - playing last - if there’s no counter before then). I hope that people will see the profits available from supporting my offer and reject any counter-offer anyway.

[quote=“rho21, post:252, topic:132221, full:true”]
The events I quoted above would both give us 0 threat from our unrest. I’ve not seen any others though, so it’s possible we could get some threat as things stand - probably from “if there’s a tier-2 district in strike” or something like that. [/quote]

I can’t remember who, but someone quoted an event that tallied the number of outages/illness/unrest etc in city and scored 1 threat for each of time. The previous event had +3 threat if condition existed in tier 2 city. So that’s where my estimate of 3-4 threat comes from.

Regardless, I’ll pass at the moment. @Lantz

It seems to me that there could be a lot of value in clearing out Rutherford (9) which has both organized crime and human first units in it. Instead of lining the pockets of the few we could be protecting the production of our fair city.

I will counter with Arrest Orders

@Tim_N

Both offers are nice for completely different reasons, and since the asset is of little benefit there is no reason for me to make a new counter offer.

Regarding threat from events, if only we had someone who could take a look at those top event cards hey…

I’ll wait for the support round to proffer negotiations, honestly I am open to either of these and I have some cards I could burn if its to the benefit of the city.

@rowe33

I’ll pass on a counter as well. I could be swayed either way for support though.

@rho21

Ok, looks like it is @rho21 versus @Lantz.

I won’t be able to check back until tomorrow, but the Support negotiations may commence.

@Perky_Goth begins.

So, @rho21, I’m willing to support you for the right compensation. Unfortunately, our resources are limited for this endeavor, so…

EDIT: Jinteki are clearly not above lying :D

@rho21 For being the first to offer support can I be the player who gets 3 capital?

EDIT: I am pretty sure I sent my message of support before @Perky_Goth, but since Lantz owns the network of New Angelean communication tubes he is trying to sow confusion! Perhaps our existing business relationship will push me over the line here? :)

@Perky_Goth: you have a reasonable number of cards, assuming the spreadsheet is up to date. NBN’s giant hand can’t be used here. However, it’s only natural that the players who can offer support later in the turn order have a greater say over the eventual success of the offer.
So I’ll promise you at least one capital in compensation if you support me and the offer is successful. It may be more than that, but that will depend on the actions of others so I can’t say with any certainty until the deal is decided. I’ll fully understand if you’d rather stand aside and save your cards.