New Angeles Forum Game: Capital, CAPITAL!

Actually cheating me out of a deal would require me to actually acquiesce to it. If you insist on unflattering analogues to the tragicomic figures of the early 21st century, and if one of us is the orange one, then the other would have a bowl cut. Mme Haas could be McMaster, perhaps.

Hm. Still too soon after the resultant mutant wars.

Yeah, this is possibly a special case given the rivalies. Also I think Tanaka’s a bit OP.

Yeah, I wonder about that. It seems tough to keep it a secret though, and the compromises from keeping it under wraps might not be worth the cost of letting your rival acquire a key asset (which is, I guess what occurred in this game.)

And when there are mirror-rivalries like we have here, I’m not sure the disclosure changes much.

Which would focus the game more on production helping Haas a bit more. (I blame myself more, though)

You got pretty unlucky in that our first two demands were so similar, and then we weren’t in a position to try for the last.

OK, Star of Turn: @rho21 can use Lilly Lockwell to steal a Card from @soondifferent (from those he didn’t draw this turn).

Ok, hand is refreshed and the new Asset is revealed:

@Tim_N can trigger Howard Jackson.

Wow, what an accolade. I’d like to thank my board members, my shareholders…

…oh, right. Start. Ahem.
No thanks. Melange won’t be discarding at the end of the turn, so there’s no benefit to the city from stealing a card.

I kan typ gud.

Howard Jackson thinks @soondifferent will win this deal. He deserves to anyway, since he’s going to pull out another unorthodox knowledge and then pick a good event for the team? Right?

A man is not worth his beard unless he is a man of his word. Still, maybe I will keep Tanaka around a while longer and do what I can for the city before I leave. A man also cleans up after himself. So I propose **budget renovations **. One must think of the less fortunate. @lantz

We have no way to win unless we can remove 4 threat through information procurement before the event, which takes up two of our three action rounds.

@soondifferent: Knowing what the event is, would clearing up a couple of outages allow us to get through with at most 1 threat? If not, is there anything else that might help other than more Unorthodox Knowledge?

While I remember, I’m going to hand Mr Li to Melange to use at the end of turn (and then pass on to NBN). Much as I don’t want to swing the balance of power other than with deals, this is only 1 capital and we must have those information procurement cards. This seems like the best way of increasing the chance of it. Should have thought of it earlier, really. @Jorn_Weines

@Jorn_Weines I used my two cards the last turn for the counter and I should have 1 new one due to Rachel Beckman. I need a hand refresh.

@rho21 - unfortunately not. The best takeaway now is that I cement my status as an internet asshole committed roleplayer who makes good on his threats (for future reincarnations.) This is just a leaving on my own terms thing, and also looking out for those stuck in the city. We’ve kind of, sort of, made a real mess.

Actually, I’m pretty sure nothing can save us, as there will be an outage rolling into the root due to the Human First unit in district 5 and we don’t have the time to deal with it. Needed something other than 3 rounds per event we’ve had for the past little while.

Damn, I thought I removed those. Fixing it now.

I am passing, @Jorn_Weines didn’t give me the blank card where you write in what you want it to do…

@Tim_N

We all know what you’d draw on it:

HAHA, I bet you thought I’d put an image of Cally here!

@Tim_N

I am at a dr. philos party, won’t check in until tomorrow.

Sorry guys I’ve been at a conference and really unsure what to do… I’m going to pass.

@rowe33

I will pass. @rho21

Pass
@Perky_Goth