New Angeles Forum Game: Capital, CAPITAL!

I think blotathing their own globbites is what got the eggheads all laid up in the first place.

In the interest of the city, you can have 1 capital right now.

So it all comes down to whether @rowe33 is a checkers or chess man.

I love my checkers. I’ll take 1 capital for the children, assuming that’s a legit offer, and discard a card for the main offer.

@rho21: Two cards right now will buy you a BFF.

@Perky_Goth: Given the number of palms you have to grease to get anything done, I am not surprised that your company represents 50% of the demand for Melange Mining’s NewOil™!

@Tim_N: I think your offer is better for the city and I’m fully in support of your desire not to have capital gains spread evenly across the field. I do regard your future favour as a thing of fair value… but it’s just not enough compensation for giving up most of my cards, and with them most of my influence on the game for the next four actions (it’s ages until I get to draw!).

Add to that the fact that this initial setup is awful for me: not one of the actions I proposed in my earlier strategy post benefits me (I gain capital through removing enemy units, which we don’t need to do right now).

As I understand the rules, you’re making 7 capital if I support you (5 from the asset and 2 from your corporation power). We can’t split it evenly, so how about you send 4 capital my way for the support, and you can count on a favour from GlobalSec in a future round?

Capital totals adjusted.

Now we’re going places. I feel like we’re negotiating in good faith. Two businesspeople who understand that the art of the deal is more than naked bribes. It’s a long game, and getting one capital now is vastly inferior to someone helping you get 5-10 capital later.

I can understand the position you’re in. It’s a big ask, at least in the short term. Yet I feel as if your choice here will set the tenor for the rest of the game. Not only will you help the better action card cross the line, you’ll gain a friend, and you’ll teach @Perky_Goth that you shouldn’t exchange capital until it’s over.

With all that said, 4 capital is a very large number. How about in exchange for your help I dedicate all of the proceeds of the proposed Medical Outreach Program to the construction of a new wing of the GlobalSec headquarters (i.e. 2 capital to you) and we will become Official Friends for the remainder of the game. Being an Official Friend of the Jinteki Corporation has many benefits.

For instance, if you fall ill and require treatment in a Jinteki hospital, we will give you a bed that has great views of the New Angeles Artificial Jinteki RealWaterfalls™ Park. That’s right, you won’t need to pay the (admittedly high) entrance fee to enjoy the waterfalls at your leisure. You’ll forget you were ever sick. We will also give you the experimental drugs not yet available to the public. Did you want some shark genes spliced into you? We can do that!

@Tim_N: The shareholders are a bit spooked. Call it 3 and I can sell them on the deal.

I don’t want to tie Jinteki down to a long-term friendship on the basis of just one deal. And I certainly don’t want the other corporations to fear the influence of an allied bloc and combine against us. Instead, make it an understanding that you’ll work in favour of Globalsec at some point in the future, when it doesn’t conflict with your corporate interests.

Sigh, ok I accept to transfer 3 capital to you once my counteroffer is accepted (I think with your support as the last player it will automatically go through, but being new I can’t be sure).

If @rho21 supports your Counter Offer with two cards there is no way it can fail. As far as I know.

But you’re the DM!
There doesn’t seem to be anything else to the round, no. Greediness wins.

Deal approved; 2 discards made in favour of the counter-offer.

Which is greedier? Requesting capital to sit on your hands and do nothing, or accepting some capital as compensation for a large sacrifice?

Which is greedier? Bribing people to support unnecessary work that improves your bottom-line or approving a sensible action that improves the lives of many citizens and helps to keep the feds off our back at the same time?

Nonetheless, I hope we can work together in a mutually profitable arrangement later. We certainly need to move androids around soon; I will support you in this endeavour.

OK, the deal ends with @Tim_N’s Counter Offer being passed. Clinical trials for everyone! Or, well, for one of the areas at least.

@Tim_N: You get to remove one Illness Token without generating Threat. Please specify which one: Guayaquil (1), Manta (4) or Rabotgorod (5).

Once that is done I will update Capital, resolve the Asset (which is discarded). Please specify whether or not you transfer 3 Capital to @rho21.

After that it is time for @soondifferent’s turn as Active Player. Please specify which three cards you want, then I’ll reveal the next Asset.

Note: Just to specify, both Action Cards on Offer are discarded. Only Emergency Actions that are not resolved when Offered are returned.

I would usually try to do some stakeholder engagement to see where you all think I should remove an illness, but given that I am about to go to sleep I would rather not hold the game up another 7 hours.

Therefore, please remove the illness from Guayaquil (1). My rationale is that this district generates technology and credits which we will need in future.

Also yes, please transfer 3 of my capital to @rho21.

All set, once @soondifferent has a refreshed hand the next Deal will begin.

I was super worried about delaying the game for everyone when I joined for BSG, but it turns out life happens to everyone, so don’t sweat it. OTOH, either place seems fine, so good call.

I will take construction/labour/media please!

@Jorn_Weines

Hand updated @soondifferent, time for your Main Offer.

On mobile, so no image of the board, please check the Google sheet. No change in the production since last turn.

New asset: