New Angeles Forum Game: Capital, CAPITAL!

@Perky_Goth we accept. Pass

@Tim_N is next

Hmm… It’s very late here and I can’t survey the game state until tomorrow morning, so bear with me thread. Needless to say I am not pleased with the way this round is going!

The wonders of globalism and multiple timezones. And some bad personal scheduling. It’s charming in its own way.

Not really sure how I feel about the round either, but it’ll have repercussions, I’m sure.

So the way I’m seeing it, we want to get our androids to, say, Esmereldas (8), Rabotgorod (5) and Guayaquil (1). This should fulfil our demands nicely over our two production phases.

It might be difficult to catch up if we get significantly behind in production, and I’m not sure we can afford to take three of our actions moving androids around individually (for all that that would be wonderful for Haas-Bioroid’s bottom line).

Instead, can we clear out the illness from Rabotgorod and/or Guayaquil then move all the androids at once?
@Tim_N: you have Bio cards, so I’m hopeful of a useful counteroffer.

The other pressing concern is the large number of Outages (given the flavour of the event). Perhaps we can use some spare rounds to clear some of those up.

Another note: New Angeles consumes all produced resources during the Demand round. This means that all Supplies are reset to 0 before the next Demand is revealed.

It is troubling that all our scientists seem to have come down with the flu at once (I’ve known miners who lost limbs and kept working, I’m just saying.) Clean slate would not be acceptable given the upcoming event, but I agree that our priorities should be removing outages first, and removing illness second (via clinical trials only) prior to production phase.

In the interest of being fair and balanced in our reporting, pretend that I am super dumb and am not following this very well. No one has actually put an outage recovery option on the table. We’re discussing the flow of the next couple turns vs an actual alternate option here?

I’m hopeful we’ll see a counteroffer of something to clear illness or something to fix outages. Seems quite likely given that the Jinteki and Weyland players are still to come.

I was also discussing the general shape of our actions for the remaining three turns before production happens. Of course we have to hope that the options we want are actually available in someone’s hand, or we may not get what we need.

Both, I think. In terms of outages my people are preparing a solution as we speak. That won’t be this turn, of course.

As far as illness goes I think clinical trial is the only option that does not cause further outages. We’ll have to see what Jinteki proposes.

PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE DISSEMINATION BY NBN NEWS

The Jinteki Corporation was dismayed to learn that fellow corporate overlords Haas-Bioroid, Melange Mining, and NBN News itself are conspiring to exploit production while illness and outages plague New Angeles. We here at Jinteki have your best interests at heart, and are working to gain support for a medical outreach program in either Manta, Rabotgorod, or Guayaquil.

To the residents of those districts (that have money), please be assured that the Weyland Consortium and Globalsec are very likely to support this proposal, and that the CEOs of Melange Mining and NBN News will likely also realise their error and fall in line.

Counteroffer: Clinical Trials

As for negotiations, I don’t like this thing where capital gains are spread evenly between a bazillion players. So I will just say that anyone who supports this counteroffer will have a favor from me that will help them in a future round. I will know when to take the backseat and let my friends drive the hovercar.

@rowe33 is next

Claps

Since one Counter Offer has been played, the next one (if any) will require a discard of one card.

I’m not really interested in illness but don’t feel like spending on another counter. I pass.

My support is available for just one capital though.

@rho21

Also pass. Security and media cards are not strongly suited to our current situation.

On to the support phase, @Jorn_Weines @soondifferent.

Ok, what happens now is that the players who have not a Main Offer or Counter Offer state their support for either Offer or Pass.

You support an offer by playing a number of cards face down. In the case of a tie, the Main offer wins. Post your number of cards or pass, reply to the PM with your hand with the cards you spend. As I mentioned above, all discards are face down.

We start with the player to the left of the Active Player, i.e. @soondifferent. You can still negotiate if you want to.

I’ll admit that Clinical Trials would be a good thing for the city: we need to get those scientists off their body pillows and back to work on their series of tubes.

That said, I have a deal with Mme Haas not to support the counteroffer, not to mention a moral obligation to little Alyosha whose father is terminally ill with lunar lung and is reliant on the HB miners fund. I think we can put the androids to good use in sector 8, and we won’t have to worry about ET for the demand. I’ll pass @Lantz

I will also pass, I don’t see a need to spend my limited cards right now.

@Tim_N

I think you mean @rowe33. The person making the counteroffer doesn’t get to support, aiui.

Yep, correct.

Since both offers help the city, I’ll pause to see if either offerer wants to make a donation to the NA Children’s Fund that I started before I play or pass.

Have you heard the New Angelean saying: “Give a man a Blotathian Globbite, you glob him for a day. Teach a man how to Blotath his own globbite, you glob him for life”?

Point is what I am offering you for support is far better than one measly piece of capital. You seem to be new at this near-future capitalism thing. We don’t do handouts, we form connections and do favours. Support me and I’ll have your back when its your turn to score a gamechanging asset. 1 capital won’t win or lose your game, having me in your debt could very well cinch it.