[New] Dominions 2 Game: The Dominionator

Marignon can go diabloic faith and do some lovely blood hunting… so its a good pick no matter which was it goes ;)

I’d love to but you guys already know my current situation doesn’t allow for it! Waaaaaaaaaa!

FYI, I’ll get my turn out in our other game in the next day or two.

I know, GuildBoss… trust me, I was in agony wondering if I should email you directly about this new game. :)

Well if the hosting schedule is untimed and flexible, I’m in.

Ermor

Damnit! :)

Glad there’s still some interest… and from some of the old salts of Dom2 lore! I look forward to starting soon. Just one or two more people would be great.

Vannnnnnnnheim.

Sweet! Just one more player needed.

Y’all better swear that you’re gonna be gung-ho about this game even after we’ve played 30 turns and you have Nick’s five Wraith Lords molesting your sheep.

Sheep? Why sheep? You mean you are completely out of virgins? What the hell kind of empire are you running?

P.S. For anyone looking at this thread and wondering if they would enjoy dom2, I must point out that the trash talking adds at least 1.2 gigafuns.

I haven’t played C’tis yet, but I am betting that there are no virgin lizards.

Ack, it seems I must withdraw.

I went looking for my dom2 cd and my manual (for the serial) in order to re-install the game, and both are AWOL. I did some cleanout/reorg of my game collection a few months back and they may have gotten accidentally disposed of :(

I’ll keep looking, and praying that I just put them somewhere weird instead of with the rest of my games, but I’m not hopeful.

Phooey! Well, good hunting to ya.

There won’t be after I sack a province, that’s for sure.

Hey i was just kidding :).

I hope you do find your disks, i’d like to play against you again. Although you might not remember playing me exactly, since the game we were in had you mostly fighting others.

Well, I found a copy at Amazon.

No download but that’s ok.

But since i’m cheap I went for free shipping, so it’ll be forever getting here :p

Actually 5 days.

Excellent, Cynic. Practice up a bit, and you can join the next Qt3 Dom2 game!

I’m inclined to stop at 6 people (7, if Nick finds his disks) and play the map The Sundering. This map comes with Dom2, and I like it a lot. It is for 2-7 players, according to its information paragraph.

Any thoughts?

One person’s Amazon review of Dominions 2:

“I expected more from this game. It is not as interesting as one would have liked. For instance the game is too hands off, too high level. There is little control over the game. The terrain, and character you play determines a lot of what happens and there is not much need for skill, or ingenuity in the game play. Which kind of dumbs down the game play and makes the player a kind of slave to the game.”

Unbelievable.

Make sure to take good notes for your postgame report. Thanks.

One wonders what game he was ACTUALLY playing?

If you need one more, I could play as Pythium.

I’m a bit rusty, though.