New music from the year 2021

Also this is maybe my favorite track from the new record so far:

Oh and hey, how 'bout some new Cloud Nothings?

New album from Nick Cave just came out, 1st listen sounds promising. Nick takes a few listens:)

It’s true…it takes awhile to see if it’s going to be an all-time Cave classic or just a damn fine record. It’s rare for him to go below that level, and none of these last few Seeds albums have even come close. It’s been classic after classic.

Nick and Warren Ellis solo, though, is a different beast. Looking forward to it, but their solo stuff I usually end up more at “interesting, but never quite grafts itself to my soul like Bad Seeds records do”.

Still…any Cave is good Cave, so I am excite.

That new Flyying Colors is really good.

A nice Stereolab rarities collection with tracks from '99-2008 came out today also.

And I’m tempted to get the Cloud Nothings album just for the gorgeous cover.

I was enjoying this one tonight

So yeah, this is gonna be a thing. Holy shit what a great teaser single.

Nice! They’re really quite great. I think I’ll listen to them all day long.

How about some Japanese Breakfast?
https://youtu.be/2ZfcZEIo6Bw

That was fun! I think probably every music video should be just like Sabotage.

There’s a new Har Mar Superstar album:

How about some new music from 1981? Boston art punk/no wave band Vitmain never properly released a record, until now. It’s a collection of recordings and live sets from the bands brief existence from 79 to 83.

OK, this actually came out late 2020, but I’m currently obsessed with this record.

Next track from the upcoming Bachelor (Jay Som/Palehound colab) album
Maybe a little Pixies influence in this one

Now this record comes along to knock my socks off. Two new things in two days, that doesn’t happen often.

Post-hardcore jazz/klezmer, I guess? I’ll take more like this for sure, though.

(@forgeforsaken digging that Bachelor track!)

Lake Street Dive (who I was want to replace Dive with Drive instead) have a new album out
https://youtu.be/BTB3I7bR6IM

In the music from 2020 that went way way under the radar, Toni Halliday of Curve put out an EP as part of the KPM Shorts series.

My Bloody Valentine just posted a message to social media:

“31.03”

YOU GUYS!!

Ah, nm.

It looks like it’s just Domino putting their back catalog back up on streaming services worldwide.

OK, @saracen31, that’s hilarious. :)

Another clue, from Michael Imperioli, who apparently is a massive shoegaze fan in general, and mbv fan in particular. From his Instagram on Saturday: