New stationary Gaming PC

I thought the AMD CPUs came with coolers. Or is that only retail, and not OEM?

They do, and that would save even more money. I think it was mentioned that noise was at least somewhat important though, and the Noctua are way better than AMD Stock there, even the cheapest Noctua they offer.

Thanks again! Yeah, I get headaches and am somewhat sensitive to noise - real or imagined, which is why I never use my PS4 anymore.

Anyways - This is really all excellent information, but not making stuff easier all the time :-D

This is where I am currently - oh, I have selected a cabinet fan as well - are those neccesary? They dont cost much, just curious.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X / 3.6 GHz Processor
Noctua NH-D15S processor-køler
ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX - 32GB: 2x16GB - DDR4 - 3000MHz
ASUS DUAL-RTX2070S-O8G-EVO - NVIDIA RTX2070SUPER - 8GB GDDR6
Intel Solid-State Drive 660p Series - 2TB
Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Black
Noctua NF-P12 PWM blæser
CORSAIR CV Series CV650 - strømforsyning - 650W
Windows 10 Home 64bit Engelsk inkl. installation

Downgrade the motherboard to the ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS. Just as good and saves 615 DKK.

Actually if you want to minimize noise you my be forced to upgrade the power supply to the RM750X for an extra 382 DKK. If it’s any consolation it’s a much better power supply in terms of quality and it’s more power efficient so will save electricity, not just quieter. I can’t find exact reviews on noise for the CV650 but I know for sure the Cosair RM 750X is virtually silent, one of the quietest ones.

‘It should come as no surprise that we recommend the RM750x to enthusiasts shopping for a quiet, compact PSU with plenty of output capacity.’

That still leaves you with a bit saved from the motherboard. If you have the urge to splurge I guess could upgrade to 3800x for 270 DKK.

I’m not sure what that fan is for. It’s another high end case fan. The built in Fractal ones are already pretty quiet, but I don’t think they fill every slot, so it probably just adds another one in.

Just for fun I specced a budget system half the price. It would still be reasonably quiet if you upgraded just the CPU cooler here.

https://www.fcomputer.dk/pc-system/c1520410?clientcfg=979398

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / 3.6 GHz Processor
Standard Køler (Stock Cooler, will make some noise)
ASUS PRIME B450M-K
G.Skill AEGIS - 16GB: 2x8GB - DDR4 - 3000MHz - DIMM 288-PIN
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER MINI ITX OC 6G - NVIDIA GTX1660SUPER - 6GB GDDR6
Intel Solid-State Drive 660p Series - 512GB
NZXT H series H511 Sort
CORSAIR CV Series CV650 - strømforsyning - 650W

Your system looks really good for a premium one though. Prices are a bit high but the coronavirus has prices everywhere higher than average, not just that site, so not worse than others.

Thanks Quaro - Much appriciated. All in all, you guys have all been the greatest help - thank you for that!

In case anyone is curious, this is what I ended up with ordering
Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Black
ASUS DUAL-RTX2070S-O8G-EVO - NVIDIA RTX2070SUPER - 8GB GDDR6 - PCI Express 3.0 x16
AMD Ryzen 7 3800X / 3.9 GHz Processor - AM4
Noctua NH-D15 processor-køler
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX - 32GB: 2x16GB - DDR4 - 3000MHz - DIMM 288-PIN - CL16 - Bulk
ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS - bundkort - ATX - Socket AM4 - AMD X570
Intel Solid-State Drive 660p Series - 2TB - PCI Express 3.0 x4 (NVMe)
CORSAIR RMx Series RM750x - strømforsyning - 750W

oh, I ended up going back to the NH-D15 cooler, since the salesguy was convinced it was less noisy the the other one. And the extra cooler for the cabinet wasnt neccesary, since the cabinet had more than enough cooling.

It should be easy to add more case fans anyway, should you decide to do so in the future.

Looks like a nice rig!

Does anyone have a rough idea how much a low end system like this would cost in the US? Even a rough idea is good as I’ve been out of buying PCs for a while.

You can search deal sites for desktops. The current ‘best deal’ right now (so better than a normal price) is https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-supreme-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-7-3700x-16gb-memory-amd-radeon-rx-5700-xt-1tb-ssd/6400453.p?skuId=6400453

CyberPowerPC - Gamer Supreme Gaming Desktop - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - 16GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT - 1TB SSD

Discussion: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapcsales/comments/gopkqt/prebuilt_cyberpower_pc_ryzen_3700x_1tb_nvme_ssd/

I don’t see anything great at the low end. This is about the same specs but it’s just 200 dollars less, I would get the 1200 dollar one over this any day.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/hp-omen-gaming-desktop-amd-ryzen-5-series-3600-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-super-1tb-hdd-256gb-ssd-black/6402513.p?skuId=6402513

Custom building it will cost more but you’ll get better stuff generally. The components in the build that OP bought are all really good. Though you can often get really good pure value in these BestBuy desktops.

I just got a similar one recently (2 months ago?) from Cyberpower, and it’s been awesome.

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8GHz [4.6GHz Turbo]
  • FANS: Default case fans
  • COOLER MasterLiquid Lite 240mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump
  • HDD: 1TB WD Blue SN550 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD
  • MEMORY: 32GB (16GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz (Note: the actually shipped a faster version.)
  • MOBO: ASROCK X570 PHANTOM GAMING 4 ATX w/ WiFi, RGB,
  • PSU: Thermaltake SMART series 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient Power Supply
  • GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER™ 8GB

I used a discount code at the time to get it for $1477. It was cheaper than I could buy the components for and build myself.

Thanks @Quaro and @Hal9000.

You’re welcome. It’s a screamin’ fast build, though as people have noted, better GPUs are going to come out, so might want to skimp on that side for now.

But it’s so fast in programs that I work it that I had to change my entire workflow!

When are the post 2080 cards (nvidia) supposed to come out?

September allegedly I think.

I’m trying not to sound ungrateful but I have to admit that screamin’ fast build seems odd when I was initially responding to @Quaro’s budget build. I’m the weirdo who is happy with something able to run indie games or things from my backlog. Heck I often don’t care about anything other than medium graphics.

Really I’m looking at a compromise computer to carry me for two years or so while I’m in a small apartment (big desktop rig is out but due to ergonomics I’m not going to go with a laptop).

I would just look for something cheap on a place like https://slickdeals.net/computer-deals/ if you have time. Otherwise, look for coupon codes for Cyberpower and get one of their budget builds. Their quality seems much nicer than it was a few years ago.

The primary reason to go X570 is for PCIe 4.0. If you aren’t going to do that (or want the option, a b550 would be cheaper and still be current.

@Razgon since you are sensitive to noise, consider going with a beefier power supply with a passive mode. Then you can have one less fan running much of the time (or running at a lower speed).

Well, I ordered it and got it, so sadly a little late :-D

In other news…holy cow that is one HEAVY box! Jeesus! I could barely lug that thing home. First 500 meters to the bus were killing me. Then the last 1½ kilometer home after the bus were…well, lets just say I cant really lift anything with my arms anymore today.

Anyways - lots of installing and updating today, so thats fun! :-)

I had him upgrade to the RM750x which is semi-passive.

Awesome! Good luck.

@Quaro good call

I had planned a build this Spring for Cyberpunk, but at this point, with the game release in September, I’m just going to wait for Zen3/3000 series GPUs. That, and there seems to be a shortage of mITX boards right now, which will hopefully be worked out in the next few months. I’m really excited about the fact that this computer will have a case volume less than 1/4th my current rig.