NFL 2019

Looks like the Chargers kept their marketing intern busy.

I love it. Especially the Chiefs.

Great googily moogily

Who to trust as in trust their judgement? That must be a helluva scouting team if you have no trust in their judgement. Gruden’s been there for a year and just now before the draft he’s deciding his scouts are shit? Now that the Browns are no longer the Browns, are the Raiders trying to become the new Browns?

Yeah, I couldn’t really make sense of it either. It seems like a dumb move. If you don’t trust someone, just don’t trust them and move on. Allow your distrust to inform whatever decision you make. This business about sending the scouts home for the weekend is the Internet equivalent of a plonk post. It’s grandstanding.

I PLONK YOU GUYS! EVERYBODY, HEY! I PLONK THESE GUYS, OKAY? YUP, THOSE GUYS ARE PLONKED. P L O N K E D. PLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOONKsville.

hahaha, good call about this being a Browns move. Browning up the place.

I always wonder whether these teams have psychologists or something to determine whether their coaching hires have mental illnesses. I mean, at what point do they just look at Gruden and say he’s megalomaniac?

(I know, I know. Cue the “you have to be megalomaniac to coach at that level” responses.)

I’ve always considered Gruden to just be a moron who managed to fail upwards.

Yeah, or Peter Principle. He’s handsome and charismatic (we don’t have to argue it - he is by most definitions), which helps mask such things.

In fairness, I’ve never won a Super Bowl. So he does have that going for him. On the other hand, Barry Switzer also won a Super Bowl.

Gruden did get to a Superbowl with the Raiders, and probably should have gone to another one with them if it weren’t for the infamous non-fumble by Brady, so give him that.

The Superbowl he won was more the work of the Tony Dungy-built defense, IMO.

As I understand it, the scouts predated the Gruden administration, and he is afraid that the scouts suspect they will be let go after the draft, which is fairly common. Gruden is worried that they are going to pass on information to prospective new employers about the Raiders’ draft plans.

The scouts probably thought too many players had ugly girlfriends.

The Raiders have been letting many people go, supposedly in preparation for their move to Las Vegas. I have also heard that Gruden received his secrecy training under Al Davis, who was known for his paranoia.

Oh, that makes more sense. thanks Lloyd!

Seahawks have traded DE Frank Clark to the Chiefs for a 2019 1st round pick, a 2020 2nd round pick, and a swap of 3rd round picks.

Sigh. I really liked Frank. Great motor. Great attitude. Great player. But when you pay your QB $40 million/year, you can’t keep everyone.

Always sucks to lose a good player but they did get a nice haul for him so there is that. Perhaps they have their eye on a good DE in the draft. They could package their 2 first rounders and move up to get a really good one.

Chiefs and Clark have already got a contract agreement. 5 years, $105.5 million, with $63.5 million guaranteed.

That was fast.

Yep. Worked out ahead of the trade. It was a solid deal all around for both sides; good year for DL in the draft so the Seahawks can get a cheap, good replacement and the Chiefs get to add a really nice, established piece to their defense.

Chiefs are in win-now mode.

It will be interesting to see what kind of contract Mahomes gets in a year or two.

And the Seahawks are in Pay Russell mode…