NFL 2019

Yes and no. I think with maybe the top 5-10 the media does pretty good, but after that it is pure guessing.

And it looks like Russell Wilson will indeed remain a Seahawk. Word is 4 years, $140 million, and a no-trade clause.

As a Seahawks fan, I’m happy that Wilson will be sticking around for a while, but GAWD DAMN is that a shitload of money.

At least you’re not paying Kirk Cousins ~15% of your salary cap.

It can always be worse!

The Lions will suck this year… like always.

Bold prediction: the Browns will win at least 1 game for the second season in a row!

The Browns are the most interesting team in the league right now.

Man I wouldn’t bet against them to win their division.

I’m calling it, Browns make the playoffs this year.

My money is still on the Steelers to win the division, but Browns/Ravens will make it interesting.

We’ll see what the draft brings, but, as of now, I’d say the Browns have the most talented roster in the division.

How long has it been since you could say that?

Not since the “new” Browns debuted two decades ago.

I still wonder what Tim Couch could have been if he had a remotely decent team built around him.

And if Chris Palmer had not inexplicably tried to make a seven-step drop back QB out of him without benefit of an offensive line, which virtually guaranteed that Couch would have a short career.

Too damn true

In fairness, that wasn’t just Chris Palmer. That was back in the good old days of, “A quarterback is a pure drop back thrower, or they’re garbage,” school of coaching.

Can you imagine the comments that someone like Patrick Mahomes would have gotten back then? Beyond the greater racism (he would have been “athletic, but perhaps not cerebral or disciplined enough a pocket passer to be an ‘NFL QB’”), all that the commentators, media, and coaches would have been going on about was his tendency to get happy feet, poor arm mechanics when pressured, etc.

This could only be Fitzpatrick:

Some other promising rookies have been crushed by bad OL. The list starts with Jim Plunkett to the Patriots - started off on fire with one of the best records in the league until he started getting injured, and his career was in the tank until two teams later he got to the Raiders.

Others include:

David Carr
Alex Smith
Josh Rosen (he should be praying to be traded by the Cards)
Joey Harrington
RG 3

The Redskins have taken out two of the QBs on that list. Maybe we’ll trade for Rosen to go for the trifecta!