NFL 2021

Mmm, if that’s the case then that’s a fair point. 3/60 would indeed be well below market.

If that’s what the Bears offered, and Seattle took it - as a Bears fan, I’d be pissed. Completely killing the defense for an older QB. It’s one thing if you were going to keep the defense together as with a decent QB, they’re probably contenders. But to trade away some great players (young players, at that) on the defense? Especially if Mack would have also been in there? Oh, yeah. I’d be dropping season tickets immediately.

Yeah agree with @ChiTownBluesFan that Mack is a non starter in trade considerations.

I understand why you would want that, but as a Bears fan hard pass.

I wouldn’t have given up Smith either. He might be higher on my ‘non touchable’ list, given how much younger he is, and how good he is (and getting better) at MLB.

NFL contracts are too complicated for me.

Don’t blame you

So Deshaun Watson stands accused of six(!) counts of being penisy and anusy at massage therapists.

a) ew
b) jfc people can you chill with the sexual assault for like FIVE DAMN MINUTES
c) I’m sure the Christian crusading front office of the Texans is like way more down with this than kissing dudes

No wonder he wants out of town. He’s not welcome at any massage parlors

pirate monkey gif

• The new agreement runs through 2033 and will feature two Super Bowls returning to Disney’s ABC network channel.
  • Amazon is paying about $1 billion per year, according to people familiar with the matter.
  • ViacomCBS, Fox and Comcast (which owns NBCUniversal) are all paying more than $2 billion per year for their packages, while Disney (which owns ESPN and ABC) will pay around $2.7 billion annually, according to people familiar with the matter.

So I wonder if Amazon will provide a way for Non-Prime subscribers to see the Thursday Night games?

They streamed a bunch of them on Twitch last time. Not sure if that’s mentioned as a no go in the article above, haven’t gotten to it yet.

Step away from The Athletic for two weeks, and all of a sudden there’s a LIMITED TIME OFFER to hook it up for $1/mo.

Mysterious!

I’m resubbed to The Athletic.

They reportedly paid $1 billon for the rights. I am guessing they didn’t pay that much out of altruism. If the intent was to use football to increase prime subscriptions then I doubt they are going to write that off and give the games out for free. They do have an option for Amazon Prime video without getting the full Amazon prime subscription for $8.99 a month, so there’s that.

Chiefs fan (recently moved to Birmingham AL due to job loss and new job) here:

1. Anyone got an all pro Left Offensive Tackle we can have?

2. I was SOOO hoping ESPN+ or Amazon would get the Sunday Ticket rights, but it appears it’s staying with Directv. I’d thought AT&T would dump it, as they have come to realize what a huge mistake buying Directv was, but perhaps they think the exclusive Sunday Ticket package is the only way they will get even dimes on the dollars selling it.

Not an All Pro, but the Vikings released Riley Reiff so they could sign the cornerback formerly known as Patrick Peterson. He’s more than competent.

Looks like the Bengals already snapped him up.

I’m pretty pissed about Fuller, but I would have understood him for Wilson. But Hicks? The Bears defense SUCKED when he was out last year. And now they’ve told him to go ahead and seek a trade?

Bears are going to suck this year, and they’re going to suck for a long, long time. Actually, even worse, they’ll be stuck in that 6-10 to 8-8 mediocre hell. Pace may have built a good defense (at least it was good at one time), but he’s sentenced the Bears to Cap hell, and it’ll be a good 5 years - if not more - before they climb out of it.

Hope Green Bay picks Pace up when he’s fired after this years dismal season.

Hicks is terrifying. Yes please get him out of the division.