NFL Loser Bowl 2018-19 (football forum game)

Yup, connecting in Denver then on to Chicago.

Yeah. I’m a bit concerned. But I land 10am local, so should be fine.

I think New Prleans is going down!

Picking the Patriots to lose this time, only because I’d like to see the Chiefs in the Superbowl. Against the Saints if at all possible. ;)

Young QB on the road at the Superdome with a trip to the Super Bowl on the line? Doubt the Saints get off to such a slow start this time and the Rams defense has been suspect (I know as they cost me a FF Super Bowl this year). Rams to lose!

I know it’s unlikely, but hey, I don’t really care about my score anymore. ;)

I have no idea, but sounded good when it popped into my head so I am going to just go with it, lol.

Chiefs to lose

Patriots to lose.

New Orleans to lose, tough call this week.

If a team doesn’t exist do they automatically lose?

Rams to lose.

Loss presupposes existence, so no.

But doesn’t victory presuppose it as well? Loss could be defined by absence of quantifiable presence, to wit they are one in the same; non-existence and loss?

@CraigM has raised interesting philosophical questions with this week’s poll.

Yes, it does.

No, because you can’t lose what was never possessed, either in actuality or in potential. Loss and victory (or the mere possibility of either) requires existence.

I could go a bit further and argue how loss and victory don’t require the existence of the one who loses or wins, but merely of the possibility of loss or victory. Of course, the possibility may in itself require existence of the one who might win or lose, but I don’t think it is categorically as intuitive as the former.

He’s an engineer. All engineers are philosophers at heart.

Now that my Ravens-vs-Bears “Soccer Score Superbowl” dreams have been dashed, I have to go for Rams-vs-Chiefs “Cricket Score Superbowl” instead.

So naturally I’m picking Kansas City to lose.

That way either I’m right and I get a point or I’m wrong and the Patriots are out, which is also totally, totally fine. I respect New England’s everlasting dominance, (even though their divisional opponents are akin to three drunken circus bears with palsy fighting over a decaying fish carcass at the bottom of rotting wooden bucket filled with oily rain water), but boy am I tired of it.

You’re a better man than I with your Dolphin soul. My Dolphin soul has me picking New England to lose out of pure meanness.

I tried that last week.

It did not work.

Stupid Chargers. First road loss all year.

I almost did. Then I remembered how Rivers always comes through in playoff games…

My old man is a long suffering Chiefs fan, and I just have to hope.
I hope that the Curse of Reid will be ended.
I hope the Chiefs return to the Super Bowl for the first time 1970.
I hope.

But in case that bird remains caged, I’ll pick the Saints to lose, and declare the Rams to be my avenging angels.

Also, @Dan_Theman - I chose Dallas to lose last week (my face is right there in the poll), but it looks like I didn’t get credit in the standings? Or at least the “DAL” part wasn’t added to my playoff picks.