NFL playoffs Divisional weekend

What?

Green Bay beat San Diego this year.

I guess that right now every analyst I see on TV basically ignores the Colts, they talk about how they played so poorly against the Chargers, how injury ridden they are, and also talk up the Jags like the Jags are the expected SB dark horse.

Basically this post-season I’ve only heard about the Jags or Pats going all the way, the Colts and Chargers are kind of an afterthought. Sort of like the equivalent in the NFC with Green Bay and Dallas, with the exception that the Colts are actually kinda good.

I think the Colts are the best team after the Pats. The AFC championship game should be awesome. The Colts are the most underrated team in the NFL right now, though they do get credit.

Still, I disagree with those saying the Cowboys and Packers aren’t as good as they seem. They are that good. They can’t help that they’ve played basically no one. That’s a product of being NFC teams. I do think the Colts and Pats are better than both NFC powers, but not by as much as suggested above. The SB should be a good game this year.

This SB will be about as good as last night’s Jac/NE game. Maybe some hope for a while, then the Patriots blow them away.

The number that stands out to me is 1.830: The Patriots score nearly double what opposing defenses allow. In terms of points scored per game, that’s just over 5 TD’s. It’s just obscene.

By comparison, of this weekend’s remaining teams, second place is Dallas, at 1.373 – a comparably paltry 4 TD’s per game.

The Patriots’ offense has been essentially unstoppable, and they’ve been that way all season long. Their defense isn’t exactly swiss cheese, either; the only two teams with a better defense (based on the factor of points allowed vs. opponents’ average scored) are playing each other today – Indy and SD.

In the end, old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill.

Ok, did anyone actually see the hold on that Chargers touchdown that was called back?

Even though I’m rooting for the Colts in this one, the Chargers got robbed.

Laser Rocket Arm, meet Lightning Bolt Helmet

Edit: But it only serves to delay the inevitable.

Yes. Weddle clearly tackled Addai.

And then 5’6" Darren Sproles shows how he terrorized the Big XII.

This Chargers/Colts game is a hell of a game. Rivers seems like he’s growing up in this game. Too bad they are knocking each other off with these injuries; neither is going to be really healthy for New England.

No kidding, man. Now Volek’s in.

holy fucking shit

the chargers might actually win

player of the game? stephen cooper… 15 tackles, 1 assist. wow!!!

I love how the Chargers have grown up this year. They have all the talent and now they are going to the AFC title game. If they were healthy I might actually pick them to win.

So much for the Superbowl being the AFC title game. The chances of that game being good just went down several notches.

Where in the world is San Diego?

Answer: in the AFC Championship!

BTW, congrats for being the only one to pick the Chargers. We all bow before you.

:-)

holy shit. didn’t expect that. Guess I ain’t so great at figuring these teams out.

That was a fantastic game, actually. The bright side is that the Titans are now vindicated a bit. They shut the Chargers offense down better than the Colts, and if we had had half the offense of the Colts, we could have won. The downside is that I think the Patriots will now beat the Chargers and be in the SB. The Colts match up with them better, IMO. That’s not to say the Chargers can’t win, but they aren’t healthy now and I’m not sure they would beat the Pats if they were.

God, Robert. You’ve turned into as bad a homer as Ryan A.

You say that like it’s a BAD thing.