NFL playoffs Divisional weekend

Those two are related and it’s hard to say which is more important, though I tend to incline toward the line being the bigger problem.

That was a horrible way for Seattle to end the season. A close loss would mean that just a few tweaks are needed to compete for the conference next year, while this kind of blowout makes you question if it’s time for a bigger overhaul.

Everyone else sucks, Wisconsin rules. News at 11.

That’s great, kid. Don’t get cocky.

It’s not much of a weapon when it hits you for as much damage as it does your enemy (more even).

Pats/Jags has been a great game so far – no idea how this one’s gonna come out.

I have a feeling the Jags failure to get a TD, settling for a FG, may end up being what we look back on as the key point in the game. Now they’re 10 points down and it’s hard to imagine them pulling off a comeback.

Gah, Jags.

— Alan

Rimbot: 34-22
Actual: 31-20

boo-ya

No, the key point in the game was them only being able to stop the Pats once, and that was due to a short missed field goal.

My favorite part about Saturday’s games was when Favre was throwing snowballs. He throws snowballs with the exact same motion he uses to pass the ball. Don’t think I’d want to be on the receiving end of one of those.

That was an excellent game. Sorry to see the Jags go out. Hope they win their division next year.

The Colts are getting no respect this year considering they’re the defending champs and they came within a handful of plays of beating both the Chargers and Patriots. Not to mention that even with Peyton having his worst game in a long time, it still came down to a Vinatieri miss. I don’t think the Chargers have much of a chance against a team that good without Gates.

I do agree about the NFC, though. The Cowboys and Packers are head and shoulders above the rest of the conference, but they’re about even with the Titans and Steelers. There’s a whole 'nother level above them. It’s kinda funny to think that if the Jags were in the NFC (especially the NFC West) they’d probably be 15-1 or 14-2 with home field and an easy ride to the Super Bowl. Instead they’re a wildcard team and get knocked out in the second round.

Not only that, but they’ve been ravaged by injuries through much of the season, losing key players like their (rookie) left tackle, Gonzalez, Harrison, Freeney, and Clark. It’s been pure hell for them in terms of injuries, whereas the Pats (AFAIK) have been incredibly fortunate on that front, missing I think Seymour for the first part of the year and…that’s it?

To top it off the Colts have the #1 defense (points allowed) in the league. But everyone just thinks they’re going to get pushed over.

How’d it do on the Packers/Seahawks score? :)

The Colts’ defense also looks phenomenal in terms of the factor it allows vs. what its opponents typically score in a game, holding teams to 77% of their usual output. They’re also remarkably consistent in that regard, with a std. dev. of only ±26% (which is much lower than average). These have a pretty big hand in the expected outcome being Indy by 4 points.

The actual was within 1 point of the Seahawks’ expected score… but yeah, GB offense (and SEA defense) did a lot better (and worse) than what you’d expect from their average. Snow @ Lambeau FTmf’inW.

Edit: Snow is the Packers’ Twelfth Man.

Sammy Morris out for year, Rosy Colvin out for year, Chad Scott out for year, and some other injuries. It’s probably now a wash with Harrison back.

But everyone just thinks they’re going to get pushed over.

Who’s this everyone?

I loved the comment by either Moose or Siragusa that the twelfth man at Lambeau is an actual twelfth man (after they got penalized).

That’s a joke, right? The Cowboys are way better than the Titans and probably have more than an even chance of beating the Jags or the Stealers. And a worse Cowboys team beat the Indianapolis superbowl champs last year.

— Alan