NieR: Automata

It’s going to be A2 and 2B sharing a passionate kiss for 30 minutes isn’t it?

Is a kiss the most intimate thing you can share?

Yes. Everyone knows that.

Okay, I’ve cast aside Dark Souls 3. I’ll resume Nier later this weekend.

Sometimes everyone is wrong.

Nothing is more tender.

Youtube channel toco toco put out a cool video portrait of Yoko Taro.

I’m about 3 hours in, and am absolutely loving this. Since I purchased the Steam version solely based on Platinum’s involvement, and so far, the universe certainly wasn’t what I was expecting. This game is so friggin’ weird, even for the studio: fishing, shmup sections, exploration in an open-world, and riding wild animals.

For people who have played Nier (2010), are they similar mechanically? I imagine Automata is slicker mechanically.

32 hours in, and I just had my first “Oh you’ve got to be kidding…” moment involving the save system.

34 hours in and I think I hit my first roadblock–a hacking puzzle I’ve now failed fourteen times; even knocked down to Easy…

Where is that exactly? Remember to blur the answer.

Climbing either the second or third (sorry, I’ve been drinking) tower as 9S…

Do you mean hacking the door to get into the tower? Or somewhere else inside the tower itself?

Anyway, that tower does have some difficult hacking sessions. It’s mostly a matter of remaining calm and dodging the bullets. Remember to always destroy elements that throw dark balls first - pink balls can be destroyed by your shots, dark can’t, so they are by far the most dangerous.

It’s one of the chests required to open the elevator door. I think I’m just going to step away for a bit and pick it up tomorrow morning. Being sober probably won’t hurt.

Not sure if it will help you at all, but did you know that you can lock on by tapping (and not holding) the left trigger in the hacking game? On Normal/Easy difficulty anyway. Could allow you to focus on dodging without worrying about aiming too.

Hey guys, what’s up!

Well that certainly helps. Thanks!

I finished the game without knowing that. :-)

I really like this so far. but every time I try to pick something up, or interact with a quest giver, or a save station, and I accidentally initiate the combat tactic change dialog with 9S a little piece of my dies. Alone, in the dark, and screaming.

Really? I thought the solution they came up with where tapping the button interacts with everything else but you have to hold it down for a second to talk to 9S worked perfectly.

Yeah it turns out I was holding down the button every time I had to use it on account of the fact I just got done playing Horizon Zero Dawn and I’m currently also playing Mass Effect Andromeda. Fuck I hate “hold down the button for all normal interactions”.

You’re right, the Neir: Automata solution is good (and an appropriate use of holding down the button). I didn’t even realize I was doing it until I saw you mention it.