Ninja Theory's multiplayer online melee game: Bleeding Edge beta

Man, these are some unappealing designs.

This one looks like the next Battleborn, Dirty Bomb, Evolve, Paragon, Lawbreakers or x-generic-hero-shooter game to shut down 9 months from now. Where or how do these guys keep thinking that they can buck the trend and sustain a multiplayer-only game?

I played a bit of this with a bunch of randoms, seemed kind of fun. I didn’t feel immediately outclassed by everyone else, but that’s at least in part because of equal unfamiliarity with the game for all of us.

This game seems like a good opportunity for Game Pass. No risk to just try it out. I played a little of the beta - seems like a melee-focused verison of Overwatch.

It’s kind of disappointing that this is their follow-up to Senua’s Sacrifice.

Jesus, rei. Now you’re starting threads just to shit on a title? Enough with the eeyore routine.

This is merely a continuation of this thread.

Creating threads to shit on unappealing-looking titles is perfectly valid.

The downside is I have to look at the repulsive characters every time I open the Xbox PC app.

No, their follow-up to Senua’s Sacrifice is the absolutely incredible-looking Senua’s Saga:

And they’re also working an experimental storytelling series called Project: MARA -

Bleeding Edge is a pretty fun multiplayer game which they’ve been working on for years, which Microsoft finally enabled them to fully fund, though “fully funded” is really only 15-20% of the studio working on it.

I like them! I think Apex Legends has had some of most visually unappealing designs I’ve seen in a while, despite enjoying what I played of the game. I should probably check it out again at some point.

Quite curious about this though. Making a multiplayer game is hard enough, making it successful is something else.

I agree completely, it’s getting really old really fast.

Still unappealing and ugly look (to me at least, YMMV and each to his own) but I’m surprised at how polished this is at what is now its official “launch.” Won’t sustain a player base I suspect though.

I tried this today, went through the tutorials. From the dojo I started a match which I think was with other people instead of bots.

It was really choppy not sure if it was lag or frame rate. Pretty unplayable though atm so will try again when the internet is back to normal…maybe.

So this came out and seems DoA.

Dead as a door nail especially with Valorant getting all the buzz.

I continue to question your whole approach to this hobby!

I’d be more interested in the stats from Xbox Live as it was included in Gamepass for both PC and Xbox.

But that’s the best part of the game. The designs are (unironically) radikal.

:P

I was doing cleanup on the Gamepass and decided to try this. It’s a fairly solid game, pity that it went DoA that hard.

When I saw this thread bumped I thought you’d be posting some message from the devs about Sunsetting the game.

The mix of long respawns, longer than usual engagements and fairly big maps (for a 4vs4) means the game ends up about teams grouping up and roaming the map trying to kill lone, unaware or wounded enemies while avoiding at the same time the enemy team doing the same on to you.
Because the long respawns and the grouping tactics (and low number of players in the match) you are in great disadvantage when someone in your team dies, it’s best to actually go back and wait and group up again, which slow down somewhat the pace of the game.