Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

You’re in Redmond, but you’re telling me you don’t know anyone at NoA who can buy you one?? :-)

Oh-hohohoho! Don’t be dismissing Seraphina based on how she’s dressed, dood! She’s 1724 years old! Though that may be teen in demon years… I don’t know the conversion. ;)

Cancelled my Switch order. Figured I have too many games on my 3ds and Vita alone that I haven’t gotten to yet to spend $500 on a gamestop bundle. Will probably pull the trigger on a system by itself but not a bundle with a bunch of games that I would probably buy in the long run but not right away.

The Walmart bundle I bought was one game (MK8) and the pro controller. Both I would have bought day 1 anyway. As bundles go, the Switch ones are pretty agreeable in my book. Very happy with it as well.

I know many people who used to work at Nintendo. :) Nobody there currently…

And here in Australia there seems to be this new thing on Switch lately, where the game is out in the eShop but the physical game gets delayed another week… happening with this game

Okay WTH. Two days before release, and now apparently the digital eShop version has been pushed back a week so it coincides with the only-delayed-in-Australia physical version.

May be time to check out the region-free capabilities of this thing!

I made my first saving throw against impulse-buying a Switch tonight, as I saw one just sitting there on the shelf all by itself at Target tonight. Sorry @Editer!

Wow, your fortitude is admirable.

How much of this craziness is due to some misguided policy and commercial laws about equality of market access etc?

Not sure, but I don’t think there are any laws in place here forcing this kind of debacle. I’m fairly certain the other delayed AU Switch games didn’t receive a last second eShop delay so they aligned with retail.

But I had the feeling that it’s common in the video game world to appease retailers by ensuring digital doesn’t release earlier, so perhaps one of the stores here complained?

It’s almost certainly to avoid pissing off physical retailers.

Monster Hunter XX is coming to Switch.

That sad trombone you’re hearing is for all the Vita owners in Japan.

HELL. YES.

Now we hope for no lengthy delay between Japanese and Western releases. Or the Japanese version to have English translation. :)

More info coming in a couple days at MH Championship 2017, including the Japanese release date.

Since the 3DS version came out in Japan in March, I wonder if the 3DS will see a Western release at all?

I have always been curious about the MH series. Maybe this game will get me to jump in.

I’m guessing this is a game about hunting monsters? I’m intrigued.

Not only is it about hunting monsters, it’s about hunting monsters with a giant sword! :)

Hopefully it sees a US release.

You use a giant sword to hunt monsters, or you hunt monsters who have giant swords?

This is an important question.

Both are acceptable but the latter is preferred.

You brutally murder dinosaurs and their children so that you can make swords out of their body parts. What type of body part depends entirely on what kind of sword you want. [Mic drop]

I’m pretty excited. Although we still don’t have an NA release confirmed. From my experience with the Switch, this is the BEST piece of hardware for a MH game. Ever. Fingers crossed on NA and HD treatment.