Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

As much as I love Spelunky, I’ve personally had enough of the game and would rather he focus on UFO50. Yes I’m being selfish! :-D

I am really enjoying see Nintendo shove my “Nintendo doesnt support indies” right down my throat :)

Couldn’t be happier to be utterly wrong. Good job Nintendo!

I’m just surprised that I’m avoiding buying some Switch games because I’m still playing too many other Switch games. I didn’t expect that to happen this early into the console’s lifecycle!

There’s been quite the influx of games, something like 10 dropping most weeks for a while now. Close to 180 available on our eShop. Yet still see the occasional joke about Switch having no games.

It’s keeping my mind off the missing Virtual Console or some kind of legacy console emulation. :)

Seriously! I really want to play Golf Story but I’m waiting to purchase til I’m done with Mario+Rabbids! There are about fifteen other things I’d like to play too. It’s crazy how many games are available already.

Is anyone else getting a Space Station Silicon Valley vibe from Mario Odyssey? Both feature open levels stocked with creatures that need to he possessed to solve navigation and combat challenges. Thanks to the potential variety offered by Odyssey’s possesion system, I’m anticipating a Mario game for the first time in at least a decade. Two more reasons? I’ve read that the timer and lives are out, and coins feed into an economy now (no microtransactions that I know of).

Didn’t @tomchick ask why he should bother with Mario Odyssey during a recent Hat in Time stream? I couldn’t care less about Mario as a character, but I’m intrigued by how progressive his new game looks.

Nice pic showing upcoming Nintendo releases:

edit: hmm, why isn’t discourse showing the full image when you click on it? Right-click/Open image in new tab shows it.

Moonlighter, from 11 bit studios (Anomaly/This War of Mine)

(edit: it’s actually published by 11 bit, not developed)

You know, I just caught wind of that one earlier today in my news feed. It looks rather good. There seems to be sort of an interesting balancing act between using stuff yourself or selling it to make more money. This had already been announced for PC and some other consoles, FYI.

The 4.0.0 update for Nintendo Switch is live! It contains video capture (only for compatible games), and allows users to transfer profiles/saves.

More info here:
https://www.nintendo.com/switch/system-update/

And Golf Story complete after ~15 hours! Debating what to play next…Stardew Valley? Mario+Rabbids? Something else entirely?

You know my answer to that, I’m sure! Take a break from the 16-bit graphics and gameplay and come back to Stardew later. Mario Odyssey is out next week though, so bear that in mind if you’re day one!

I’ve not been paying that much attention to the new Mario game and I’m aware of Cappy but I hadn’t considered its implications on the gameplay. That’s really exciting to hear because I had a game idea similar to this many years ago.

I’m hesitant to buy M+R since it’s been a couple months and $60 might drop soon. So I’m saving that for Odyssey instead.

Not only was there a system update… there was a controller update too!

Wha?!

Nintendo game, man. It may say UbiSoft on there, but I doubt it’s going to get any significant discounts any time soon. It was apparently a top ten game in September.

I totally hear you- $60 games have been killing me lately- but since it has Mario in it I would not be surprised if Nintendo had draconian restrictions on price cuts within a certain time frame. So either be really really patient or just go for it is all I’m saying :)

I did not know that I know that.

LOL! I didn’t spot that. Nice.

I did not know that I know it either!

Also not listed in the above update…

Pretty cool.

Was trying to find info on the controller update last night and couldn’t find a thing.

“Wireless USB” … swear I’ve never heard that term

Wireless headsets that use a USB dongle, although I’m sure you’re aware of that.