Nintendo finally reveals the Switch console

Yeah Hollow Knight has some killer boss fights. The exploration is really rewarding and not usually too difficult but once you pick up a few traversal abilities you will occasionally run into small segments that feel like they’re right out of Celeste. But not the hardest parts of Celeste. But still.

Ok, I’m new to the Switch. I tried using the Joycons without the black plastic holder and one of them was not responding. It seemed the exact angle I was holding it didn’t work. I had to raise it for the console to get reception.

I put it on the plastic holder thing and I didn’t have a reception problem anymore. I wonder if that plastic thing works as an antenna as well?

Well there goes all my free time!

SWEET. Thanks for posting.

FYI, it showed up in Europe since then as well. No official announcement I’ve seen.

i had those disconnects and lag early on as well. For sure the JoyCons don’t have great range and battery compared to the Pro controller.

Some articles (like this one) suggest that unpairing, rebooting, and reconnecting them helps. I didn’t see as much trouble after this either, BUT I did also buy and mostly change to a Pro controller for playing on the TV from the couch (around 10 feet away).

No connection problems when using the JoyCons in mobile mode or nearby in tabletop mode.

Diego

Ooh, nice. I was considering picking it upnon Steam, but I think it will probably be a better fit on the Switch.

I think its less that they boost the signal and more that they help space out your hands so they don’t deflect the signal.

The joycon’s shit signal is really annoying and seems to be an ongoing issue.

So, are there any games on the Switch that is sort of Civilization-ish or city builder-esque? I can’t seem to find much in that vein. I’d even go for something along the lines of Pre-Civilization: Marble Age.

Can’t think of anything, no.

Kingdom: New Lands could maybe scratch that itch? And then there’s Fallout Shelter.

Oh, I meant to say many months ago that I got to play Bad North at Rezzed and it’s shaping up really well:

Bad North is a charming but brutal real-time tactics roguelite. Defend your idyllic island kingdom against a horde of Viking invaders, as you lead the desperate exodus of your people. Command your loyal subjects to take full tactical advantage of the unique shape of each island.

Everything is at stake: fail, and watch the blood of your subjects stain the ground red.

~ Coming to PC, Switch, XBox One, PS4, iOS and Android, Summer 2018 ~

Thanks! I’ve got Kingdom: New Lands on PC, though. But it might be an excellent fit for the Switch on the go. I played a bit of Fallout Shelter on my phone when it released, and got bored quite quickly.

I also noticed that the Titan Quest release is on July 31st! Might scratch the RPG itch when I am done with Octopath (whenever that is, still much to go there).

Looks like I’ve got my review request for November lined up:

There’s a summer sale:

New batch of games on August 9th.

Why is Nintendo so bad at this store thing? I wanted to see what was on sale using my phone. I am sure it can be done, but I got sick of trying. Even using the store on my Switch, finding things that aren’t new releases or best sellers, always seems more difficult than it should be. If there is a way to just look through the catalog, or a certain genera, it doesn’t seem easily done.

Did you scroll down?

I just viewed it in mobile Chrome just fine. Shows card-like views for each game currently on sale.

Sale is EU only.

Ah, I didn’t notice. Sorry!