Yes, they won’t add games to your account w/o a switch on it. Sometimes things that go onsale on the eshop might have a digital version you can buy on Amazon that will go on sale too. But they often don’t.
Speaking of islands, the world seems pretty small. I imagine there’s a lot more to see beneath the surface, but I can’t help but raise my eyebrows a bit as a first impression.
It’s small, because you are supposed to go all over it almost daily, so you don’t want things to be too far remote. You’ll thank it later for that.
If folks are interested in breaking out the ACNH discussion to its own thread, I’ve created one over yonder:
This. Plus when you forget to show up for a week or three @anonymgeist, you’ll be happy for less weeds to mow down.
Its so weird to have a game, where after an hour, you are done. As in, there is absolutely nothing more to do. Then you have to wait until the next day.
I hope things open up a bit more later on!
Consider Super Smash Bros. too if you’re fighting-game inclined, it’s amazing and generous and supports 8 players per Switch. :)
This one does have the new couch co-op for up to 4 players on a single Switch, if you want to get your mates to come pull up weeds… ;)
Set up with Tom Nook on Isla Nubla. Just found a washing machine in a tree! GOTY!
I found a pinball machine in a tree! Whee!
I got a high-end stereo system in a tree! Woohoo!
I got a freaking iron… ´༎ຶོρ༎ຶོ`
A couple of games are on heavy sale: Pikuniku for 1 buck, and When Ski Lifts Go Wrong for 1.5 buck.
I grabbed When Ski… because I seemed to remember somebody praising it months ago, and it’s a really nice bridge building game with more than a single twist. It even features a little surprise that I had hoped was in early on. Always happy when a game doesn’t disappoint!
The Switch port seems absolutely perfect.
Also there is a dungeon crawler called Vaporum discounted for a little less than 10 dollars. As those games were discussed in this thread earlier, I didn’t remembe rif that one was mentionned. It is real time but features a pause function.
I take it you don’t play mobile games then.
I grabbed Pikuniku while I was already visiting the eShop to grab discounted Baba Is You, which I’m already enjoying quite a bit.
So you are saying if I visit your island I can expect a nice weed-free environment? If not you still have plenty to do - get cracking! ;)
I too am waiting for my house to go up tomorrow morning but I’ve not run out of things to do. Sure there’s nothing big going down but I’m steadily ticking up the miles and the bells, I just bought the tool wheel and inventory expansion and am eyeing off those less-flimsy tool recipes next.
Things in the Direct:
- Xenoblade Chronicles port has a new UI, menus and a new epilogue
- Bioshock Collection, Borderlands 1 & 2 and XCom 2 coming soon
- Fantastic Four update for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
- Some Capcom deep sea adventure game
- Animal Crossing update on the way with an Easter event and another update scheduled shortly after that
- King’s Bounty 2 later this year
- Ring Fit getting a rhythm game mode and new female voice for the companion
- New Smash character is a character from ARMS to be announced later
- Bravely Default 2 trailer (demo available today)
- Some table top game collection thing with 50 games. Stuff like chess, shogi, air hockey and poker
- Some online competitive team based ninja game
- Jedi Academy launches today with online play
- Panzer Dragoon remake launches today on Switch, other platforms later
- More stuff about the upcoming Pokemon DLC
- Montage of a bunch of things coming later:
- Trials of Mana
- Elder Scrolls: Blades that mobile thing
- Some war hammer 40k TBS thing idk
- Burnout Paradise remaster
- Saint’s Row IV Re-Elected
- Trails of Cold Steel 3
- Mr Driller Drillland
- Minecraft Dungeons
Burnout Paradise Remastered, you say? In on that.
Maybe only interesting to me that Catherine Full Body Edition is coming this summer as well.