Nintendo Switch

On your purchasing account’s “home Switch,” the games are all shared. There might be some weird exceptions there (I’m not positive that other accounts could access exclusive games offered with Nintendo Online membership, if only the primary account is subscribed to the service), but it mostly works very well in a single-Switch scenario.

Oh they can. Not only that, but if you create the other accounts in various regional stores they all can access the Nintendo online downloads there.

Thanks @MrTibbs!

After watching a 3 hrs Doom “review” by Tim Rogers I looked it up and the original Doom is available on the Switch. In my youth, I only had the shareware version. Didn’t even know that it was a shareware version. I think I made it to level 3 on the keyboard, no mouse. It was kind of hard at that time. The 1st FPS for me,never even knew that a new genre was born. (didn’t play Wolfenstein, don’t think it was available in Germany).

It’s perfect on the Switch (Lite). It is so much easier with the analog sticks than with keyboard. Also, I need to find the secrets. They are really secret. The game holds up pretty well.

Doom 64 is pretty good on Switch too, which was kind of a sequel to Doom 2 released on the Nintendo 64. They’re all on sale right now.

I don’t know what exactly is changed here, but there’s a new Switch 11.0 software update out today. One of the features:

“When using software with the same Nintendo Account linked to multiple systems, save data backed up from one console will automatically be downloaded to your other system(s).”

I don’t know if this specifically helps the Splatoon 2 issue, but it’s worth taking a look. I believe it will look at the uploaded save data and download it if it’s more recent, a la Steam.

FYI, it doesn’t help, because Splatoon 2 doesn’t support cloud saves, and it wouldn’t help to transfer a save from one user account to another anyway.

But the real reason I’m posting here is that I finally completed world 3 of Mario + Rabbids. Thought you’d all want to know. On to world 4! The final world (before I play all the DLC content).

The world 3 finale is so good. I miss Mario + Rabbids a lot. I hope more is on the way, whether it be a new game or some more DLC. I don’t generally do DLC and sequels but Mario + Rabbids has just the right blend of visuals, music, humour and exciting tactical combat, chill exploration and puzzling to be comfort food for me.

So I see that, for a limited time, the original Famicom Fire Emblem games are available on the virtual console.

Anyone have experience with the old Fire Emblem games, and would they be worth playing today?

I had never played them before and picked them up for a couple bucks when I got an email about it a day or two ago. For me personally, they’re too old to enjoy. Everything about them seems fine until I’m moving units around the map, it’s just too antiquated looking & feeling for me. It might be perfect for long time fans though.

Well the sum total of my exposure to the series has been playing March and Roy in Smash.

I do have Three Houses ready once Christmas hits. And I can tolerate older games all right. But I could definitely see these as being too ancient to be enjoyable today.

I enjoyed the first couple of games, the ones on the NES.
The SNES ones got more and more into the worst kind of “guess the perfect move” pseudo-puzzle games that side of Panzer General. Pretty dreadful.

I learned recently the NES games had built-in hidden cheat shops that ruined the game, so don’t use those :O

As a point of reference, I didn’t enjoy Three Houses at all.

I am all in on Three Houses, just love it. Hard difficulty, classic mode is perfect. I’m such a fan that I waited for a bunch of additional content before even starting it.

Plus going thru Valkyria Chronicles 4 made it easier to wait.

Also love Mario Rabbids.

I may just be a sucker for these games…

My Switch has been in storage for a year, just got it charged up and connected to my new projector, and it works just fine.

So, a quick run d of Street Fighter ofcourse:).

I’ll be having loads of fun with this :).

The fact that there’s a bunch of content that’s conspicuously not available without DLC is a little annoying on the base game (the bathhouse, and non-interactable animals).

I found them too primitive to justify the time investment 15 years ago in comparison to Fire Emblem on GBA (the first one to come out in English, sixth or so in the series overall), which I loved. I could have lived with the graphics, but the interface was clunky and the tactical system just wasn’t very nuanced compared to its descendants.

Woo! I’ll buy them yet again!

Oh good, the first game of 2021 I’m looking forward to, Spelunky 2. When it came out a while back I was disappointed it wasn’t available on Switch at the time.

I’m glad Spelunky is in that bundle, since S2 makes me angry so much.

Anyone have any experience with Carrion on the Switch. It’s on sale right now and I’ve had my eyes on it. Would love to hear some Qt3 thoughts.