Nintendo Switch

A Switch what?

A hypothetical upgraded Switch with an OLED screen and 4K upscaling!

According to rumors.

Oh, haha, PS Vita fetishists delusional dreams and incapcity to tell why Nintendo is successful (possibly:selling 30 bucks of plastic for 10x that price)

The Split Pad Pro was discussed in the Monster Hunter thread (and maybe here as well). If you play a large amount/exclusively in handheld mode youā€™re doing yourself a disservice if you donā€™t own one. One downside is that they donā€™t have HD Rumble and a handful of other features you probably donā€™t care about (NFC, IR, gyro).

Such a huge improvement over the joycons for Mario 64. Havenā€™t got to the other games in the collection yet.

Haha, i totally forget that joycons have rumble. I disabled it the first time I played the switch on public transport, and havenā€™t turned it on since.

Also, one feature that I do care about: they donā€™t support the system-level button remapping. For a while I changed my pro controller to swap X<>Y and A<>B to match the Xbox button layout and be a bit easier on my muscle memory. But I had to put it back because I couldnā€™t do the same change on the Hori pad.

Itā€™s a testament to how much more comfortable the Hori pad is that Iā€™m still using it rather than going back to joy-cons in handheld mode so I could make the buttons work the same.

They really do make a terrible sound when they rumble.

If youā€™re willing to buy the physical edition on the last day of Super Mario 3D All Starsā€™ availability. Itā€™s on sale for $50.

I personally canā€™t abide looking for those tiny little theoretical cartridges to put into my theoretical Switch though.

I logged on to Super Mario 35 last night, just to double check that the service is really shut down. But the game launches fine! You get the list of weekly goals! All the buttons still work! You can start the game!..and then it says, ā€œThis service has been disconnected.ā€ Boooooooo.

But hey, maybe the practice mode still works! Itā€™s a solo game with no online component! You launch it andā€¦itā€™s also shut down. Boooo again. Why deactivate something thatā€™s for local play only??

Because assholery.

King Mario is dead, long live King Pac-Man!

Wait, Pacman 99 went away for a while? Why?

EDIT: Oh wait, I was thinking of Tetris 99 wasnā€™t I? Oops.

Iā€™m really excited to play this for 45 days until it is pulled from the store too*.

• j/k i donā€™t think that itā€™s actually a limited release. iā€™m just a little gunshy at this point.

Pac Man CE was tight. If itā€™s anything like that, Iā€™m into it.

Itā€™s good, but much like Tetris 99, unless you are a Pac Genius, do not expect to win.

Thus far, this seems way easier than Tetris 99, maybe just because itā€™s brand new, or maybe the baseline skill level for PacMan is lower than it is for Tetris. Unless I screw up catastrophically, getting top 20 or so seems pretty consistent.

Somewhere in the distance, Billy Mitchell cries out, as though wounded. A debt has been accrued, a vengeance, earned.

I always die a mysterious death around top 30. Like something that wasnā€™t deadly before suddenly is? Who needs manuals

Itā€™s very badly explained, I have no idea what the different modes on the left side do (the standard/strong/train ones. The right side controls targeting, as in the other games). As far as I can tell thereā€™s nowhere on the game that explains this.

I donā€™t think anything kills you without warning, although after a certain point, red pac-mans start appearing that kill you on contact. It isnā€™t super clear the first couple times whatā€™s happening there, because the enemy pac-mans up to that point just slowed you down.

Ah thatā€™s what happened probably. I re member seeing a red dot appearing next to me each time and then drop dead. Probably one of those red Pacman in the process of spawning.
Pretty unfair :-/