Nintendo Switch

I am enjoying Wargroove on the Switch but it is available on Steam and looking for player created scenarios might be easier on the PC. I think creating the campaigns and scenarios is prob easier too though I am only guessing.

Well, it’s on PC (and indeed I own it). So I assumed you were recommending it on Switch as a mobile quick fix. And that’s why I’m not interested in stuff that’s also on PC - I definitely see why people would appreciate being able to take stuff on the go but I only really play handhelds at my desk and there doesn’t seem to be any other compelling reason to get PC-available games on Switch.

Not really into pure platformers in general (though Metroidvania type stuff where you’re regularly getting upgrades and such can be fun). Also not into kart racers, sports games, etc. So it’s less antipathy towards Mario as a character and more that he’s mostly attached to genres I’m not into.

Appreciate all the responses!

Makes sense. There are quite a few good indie Metroidvania options on Switch, but they’re all on PC as well.

I don’t quite get the mobile vs. on-the-go distinction you’re drawing here:

Diablo 3. Even if you’ve bought it before it’s perfect on Switch.

It is a mobile device. This means I can use it at my desk while in front of my PCs, as opposed to traditional consoles, which demand I switch over to my TV and thus never get used. (Technically I could also connect them to my monitor but I did this with my 360 and still never use it.) But I don’t use them while out of my home, because I’m usually reading then.

Ah, gotcha, thanks.

I am personally super, super interested in this after discussing it with @Woodlance over the weekend in the roguelike thread, for what it’s worth @malkav11

Mystery Dungeon games are generally a good time, yeah.

But Tetris with 98 other people…

Yeah - that was fun for the trial of the multi-player service… but I wasn’t overly enthused personally for the batch of released NES games. It’s nice and neat, but it looks cobbled together at the moment - not a very clean interface from what I was seeing (cut off screens, flaky controls, lack of any sort of high level documentation for some of the games – etc)

I’d wait for the subscription service to mature. Unless you’re just dieing for a battle mode tetris.

Hey here’s a thing.

Coming out of nowhere? People figured out months ago that the Switch has a VR mode that was locked.

I want to play Astral Chain because of the pedigree of the game makers here, but what I really want is Bayonetta 3 already! But I’ll happily take this in the meantime.

I just restarted Bayonetta 2 on my WiiU recently, and man that game just has so much spunk and personality, something the very fleeting glimpses of Astral Chain have so far failed to demonstrate. I can only hope the story, setting, and characters are as fun. While Nier is great and all, the setting and characters are just bone dry compared to Bayonetta. Intentional, I know, but still less ‘fun’ in certain ways. I hope this game leans more towards Bayonetta than Nier in this regard.

That was my reaction as well. 720p will be blurry as hell, and they will need to be very careful about nausea at 60Hz.

This looks amazing. Chibi mecs? tactical RPG? I WANT!

This is too much:

Someone tells me the PS4 version has English but the Switch version will never be in English because of licensing stuff?

Yeah - the series is a lot of fun, especially if you are a mecha fan. I’ve been a big fan of the series since the early 90s (even owned a Wonderswan specifically to play the SRW Compact series) and played most of the main entries. It has gotten a bit repetitive over the years though, so playing every other entry is probably fine unless there’s a mecha series that you’re aiming for (I have a weakness for Ideon and Dunbine)

They started making English language versions available for the Asia releases a few years back - I think they’ll have English text versions for the Switch as long as you get the Asia release. Here’s a link to the PlayAsia site if you’re interested

In addition to Ion Maiden, 3D Realms will have a Switch port for their recently announced Quake 1-powered shooter Wrath coming next year. I don’t think I’ve played an FPS on Switch yet. They’re both targeting 60 frames per second, which will be a nice change of pace from the other much more taxing modern shooters available on the system.

I didn’t see a thread for this game, but I have a question about Dragon Quest Builders, which I’m pretty sure has been discussed in the Switch threads.

I just started playing the game today and just finished chapter 1. The game seems to be telling me that if I go to chapter 2 I pretty much start over. Is there any point in exploring the world of chapter 1 before moving on, since I don’t seem to keep anything I might find?