Nintendo Switch

Diablo III was my most played Switch game last year, even though I put dozens of hours into the Xbox version. It’s perfect for handheld play. Torchlight II was a lot of fun that way, too.

So what’s the purpose of doing this to your son?? Are you just trying to frustrate him so he grows up hating video games? I’m genuinely curious why you would think it’s funny to give him a game with the controls switched so it doesn’t work right.

If only it was that easy!

TORCHLIGHT 2 IS ALSO ON THE SWITCH?!

checks

AND IT’S ONLY $5?!

buys

Maybe someday they’ll make Warhammer Inquisitor on the Switch. But if not I guess the Steam Deck might do.

Blizzard claims the PC version is fundamentally different, which is why it needs to be constantly online and they won’t implement gamepad support. (In fairness, the gamepad thing miiiight have some legitimacy - I imagine it might be tricky to fine-tune gameplay for both input methods. But other ARPGs have managed it.)

Basically, their cost-benefit analysis said it wasn’t worth all the work it would take to retrofit the PC version… ;)

Thankfully everything going forward from that is being made with controller in mind.

Holy crap you’re right, Torchlight II is super fun on the Switch! Yay! Now all I really need on here is Warhammer Inquisitor and I’ll be set.

Have you got Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3? Switch exclusive ARPG, pretty well regarded around these here parts.

Nope, but it’s now on the wishlist. Thanks!

Titan Quest is also available on Switch, though I haven’t played it. Would love to have Path of Exile on it

Also wishlisted. Thank you. My Switch is getting more use than ever.

I only played a couple hours of torchlight 2 way back when it came out. If I’ve already spent 100+ hours playing Diablo 3 on switch, how does tl2 hold up? Fun to play exclusively solo?

I just lost an hour to TL2 and had a great time, and I only play solo.

I actually prefer Torchlight over Diablo 3.

I only played Torchlight 2 when it came out. Unfortunately it allowed me to play Hardcore from the beginning. So I killed maybe a dozen characters before finally giving up. I believe the farthest I got was past the first big boss.

Diablo 3, by contrast, by letting you change your skills on the fly at any time, made Hardcore feel pointless. So I had fun with it when the console version finally came out, finishing it once with every character. Except the Necromancer. I still need to go back and play as the Necro.

Ok, help me out QT3. I cannot figure this out by reading Nintendo’s FAQs or whatever. Or maybe I really do know the answer and just don’t want to believe it.

I have two Switches, one primary, one secondary. I have a family NSO account. Most of my family plays Animal Crossing, but I don’t.

So. If I buy the Animal Crossing DLC… who can play it? I think the answer is, everybody can play it on the primary Switch, but only the account that buys it can play it on the secondary switch? Is that right? So if everybody wants to play it on the secondary switch, I have to buy it once for each person that wants to play it?

I think they should hire you for their next Layton games!

If you download it on the second Switch, then the wolf will eat the goat, but if you buy it on the primary Switch, then the goat will eat the cabbage!

I think you should be ok, I got the dlc through the family NSO expansion pack and it states on the dlc download page that everybody with an account tied to the family NSO will be able to use it. I’ve not yet tested it though so all I can really say is if it doesn’t work, I’ll be just as annoyed as you. 😂

Edit: Actually, ignore all that. It’s completely different if you buy it vs if you get it through the expansion pack. See this Link

That’s how it usually works, but Animal Crossing is a special snowflake with save files, so it’s really hard to say. If you have multiple accounts, can you just set one account to have the “second” switch be the primary device? That should make it available for everybody on that device. You can forget the current primary device using the Nintendo website.