Nintendo Switch

I just got an Xbox one, and I had no idea I’d be missing portable gaming so much. Worse: I had no idea modern consoles lacked a sleep and resume function. This seems so strange!

FWIW, the Xbox Series X and S (their current-gen consoles) both have these functions.

I resume games on my PS5 and Switch all the time. It’s only PC that lacks this function, which frustrates me to no end. The PS4 could do it as well, but my son was the XBO player, not me, so I guess I didn’t realize XBO couldn’t do this?

xbox one has a switch-like sleep and resume. The later series x console lets you have multiple games in a sleep/resume state.

A random like but e.g.:

Bear in mind that many games which connect to servers don’t play nice with it, though.

Thank you very much for the help, all of you.
I can’t believe this isn’t the default setting.
I tested it and it works fine for my 360 games. Sadly it’s not compatbile with the original xbone ones, but can’t have it all!

Did you try Mad Rat Dead? I gave the demo a whirl tonight and it is phenomenal. Super entertaining! The music is great. The writing is inspired. It has the tone of something like Disgaea with some quality rhythm platforming. How did this just slip by everyone?

I haven’t yet. I’m finishing 13 Sentinels, which has GoTY potential for me, but will probably try it out afterwards.

So this is at an historic low, looks fascinating

It is very good, assuming you like tastefully minimalist Wizardry ‘em ups. There’s a thread for it with more discussion:

Thank you!

Finally got myself Diablo 3 on switch.

It’s mesmerising. I’ve always felt ARPGs played like RTS with just one unit (also known as MOBA, but without a challenge) and controlling a character with stick changes everything. Also I see a lot of mechanics are quietly reworked. I think PC Diablo 3 had grid inventory and limit on the number of potions you have?.. And didn’t have roll. All good changes. I’ve also tried Torchlight 2 (they sold it for a spare change) but it doesn’t feel as smooth.

Yeah D3 on the Switch is really a revelation.

I see that Valkryia C 4 is down to a new low price. I thought finally I’ll jump on it and the saw that there’s actually a definitive edition with all the DLC that wasn’t too much more expensive a short while ago but has now gone back to regular price. Now I’m thinking I should hold off. It looks like the DLC is actually additional missions, not merely things like outfits of which I have no interest. On the other hand, the odds of me actually finishing the basic game are so low, why bother holding out for the definitive version to go back on sale?

I got today the Hori joycon replacements that were much lauded repeatedly upthread — I had waited for the carry case to be available again in my region.

While they are pricey, they are a lot better than what I expected.
The Switch is a bit thinner than they are, so it’s not as good looking as I hoped visually, but they make the console noticeably lighter, thanks to both the better grip and the lack of extra batteries. I didn’t expect the gamepad to be this comfortable. It’s probably not great for intense action, but it’s a real pleasure under the thumb. I was also pleased how they didn’t make putting the console on the dock anymore difficult.

I wasn’t super excited for anything, but mostly that’s due to nothing I was familiar with getting revealed - I had hoped for example we’d see Trials of Fire.

That said, some things caught my eye, such as Gunumbrella, ElecHead, Wildfrost in particular looked cool, and Mini-Motorways which has been on my Steam wishlist for awhile now.

I was hoping Ooblets would come over. Seemed like a natural fit.

Soundfall is the kind of thing I would be interested in…but not as an multiplayer “looter shooter”.

Another Crab’s Treasure is…interesting. I don’t think the combat in Going Under was good enough to make me really excited about a “soulslike” from that team though.

There is a demo you can download for Card Shark. I am going to try it for sure.

Definitely some cool games, but nothing which really stuck out to me as “this is why we needed to have this Indie World presentation today!”

Especially considering that most games aren’t launching until much later this year, and some even next year.