Nintendo Switch

Going Under’s combat seemed deliberately messy and chaotic though, and it’s one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much. Less duel and more bar fight. In that sense it reminded me of Power Stone. That said, I also thought it was manageable too, particularly against bosses and tougher rooms full of enemies.

Card Shark is interesting, it reminds me of semi-old Japanese games that were exploring the mechanics of cheating in a way, excepting in the demo it’s not included into a bigger game. The cheats routine itself seems to be all the game. Not sure about that, as it just kind of devolves it into being memory based QTEs without a more compelling framework.

Full match of Mario Strikers

I miss Sega Soccer Slam. Will this fill that void in my life?

Voxelgram is 50% off, at 3.5 bucks. It is a very cute Picross 3D clone, although it obviously lacks the joyful control scheme of the DS iterations.

I’m increasingly stupified by the lack of depth of these 1st party Nintendo sports games. Especially when compared to the likes of Retro Bowl, Golf Story, Super Mega Baseball, etc.

They could all be so much more.

You could argue it’s easier to have depth when you don’t have your game to be multiplayer!

When playing with a friend or my family, I remember having a good time with something as silly as one of those MLB sluggers toy thing. And for hours.

As long as you didn’t pay $60 for it. 🙂

But still, they should have tons more variety even if it were billed as a strictly multiplayer game, imo.

Can we use the 100 emoji? Because 100 emoji.

What an honestly brilliantly designed game that was.

💯💯💯💯💯

NFS Hot Pursuit at an historic low y’all.

Cool, I don’t believe I have a racing game for the Switch.

Sir. Sir. Have you heard the good word of Bloody Rally Show?

Kind of tempted by this, even though it didn’t get much positive word of mouth here. $45 for the digital edition.

Maybe the secret is to buy one of these accessories at Amazon with it, so you can swing your controller like a golf club?

As a golf enthusiast, what I’ve seen of it didn’t appeal to me.
If you want ultimate motion based golf, Tiger Woods on the Wii, with the Wii Board and the Motion Plus, is where it’s at!

NFS or Burnout Paradise?

Burnout Paradise feels sad and somehow dead. It felt that way when I joined late the PC party, and it still does on the Switch. I don’t know what’s wrong with this game, but it’s wrong.

NFS I feel is a better, more focused experience. Burnout, sadly, relied too much on multiplayer for this iteration so it feels really lonely and, to me, boring. I’m also a bit biased as it’s my least-favorite Burnout game.

Oh that’d explain some of the things. It’s really a strange game, compared to the wacky previous ones.

Yeah it was made at a time when AAA devs were like “OPEN WORLD AND MULTIPLAYER LIVE SERVICES ARE THE FUTURE OF EVERYTHING”.