Nintendo Switch

A lot of hard release dates in there, Bayo 3 coming pretty soon, Octopath 2, Harvestella.

Rain code could be neat. I’m not the biggest Danganronpa fan, but the systems and setting seemed different enough.

Goldeneye online will appeal to a certain crowd.

I wasn’t expecting a new Fatal Frame or a new Pikmin.

And some multi platform stuff I could see dipping into maybe.

What they showed of Fire Emblem made it seem like it might be more focused on a smaller cast. If so, I’m definitely interested, as the recruiting / cast bloat has never meshed well with the newer non-permadeath / storytelling focus.

Overall, pretty impressive showing.

New Pikmin sure looked good. I like the move to a lower perspective. Goldeneye I will definitely try out online. That’s a super cool thing for them to do.

Clap Handz Golf has been renamed, and escaped from the Apple Arcade, and is available right now. Bought it faster than I can type it.

What’s the new name?

Itsudemo Golf in Japan, Easy Come, Easy Golf in Europe. Maybe something yet different in the US!

I’m excited over the new Fire Emblem!

The leak with “Toothpaste-chan’s” multi-coloured hair was real after all:

So excited about Front Mission. I played 3 on my PS3 and loved it but I REALLY loved the DS version.

I’ve been on a major Fire Emblem kick lately, so glad to see another mainline entry. A bit skeptical about the nostalgia-summoning mechanic as the centerpiece of the game, and hope that it sticks to the idea of 12 legendary heroes with their own defined roles in the story, rather than opening the floodgates to a FEH-style collectathon. But the gameplay is the important thing, and that looks promising.

Besides that, I’m down for more Mario + Rabbids and Bayonetta, and at least idly curious about Harvestella, Front Mission, and Octopath Traveler 2.

I tried it, there are slight performance issues, which can be somewhat solved by installing to the internal memory. But I’m just happy to be able to play on a larger screen my favourite phone game ^-^
Also comes with online MP it seems, whee!

I don’t know…every time there’s an announcement about how you can grow crops and build relationships with townsfolk and maybe there’s a dungeon crawler but also you have to cleanse the land and how are those pumpkin crops coming in?..my eyes kind of glaze over.

Rain Code looked really interesting though: It’s like Ace Attorney meets a dungeon crawler?? I can’t quite suss it out yet, but I liked the design.

Nice!

Same, and it felt like there were like a good 3 or 4 farming simulator games that all looked pretty much identical to my uneducated eyes. I think I’d just get into Stardew Valley instead - a game I put a few hours in a launch and enjoy the way it feels/plays, but never put more time into than that. I keep thinking about it though. Seems like nothing has topped that one in that gaming space, yet?

I’m pretty excited about Factorio coming to Switch. And Pilotwings 64!

Absolutely cannot wait for Zelda of course though.

Back in the early days of N64, I think there were only two games for it. I loved Mario 64 so much, I wanted Pilotwings 64 too! But man, spending $60 or whatever it cost back then? Just too much. So I’m also very curious to see how the game is. It might be worth subscribing to the N64 catalog just for that.

Okay but Metroid news WHEN

Spring is my guess. It has to be on track for fall next year at this point. You probably won’t see much though. Just a “Yeah, it’s coming later” while all the Zelda hype builds.

I don’t think I would ever want to play Factorio a with a controller. And I assume there is no modding on the Switch?

Metroid? Wasn’t one released 10 years ago? This isn’t Assassins Creed!

(No, seriously, new Metroid already? My eyes and ears have perked up).

Also, there is supposedly a worst-kept-secret in the biz type of deal with a Switch Remastered version of the original Prime trilogy.