Nintendo Switch

And it supports cross-platform play with your Steam version. How cool is that?

-Tom

Available tomorrow:

Itā€™s about time! Now the question is, how far will nostalgia carry Stunt Race FX?

Pilotwings!!!

What I asked for a couple of months ago!

Iā€™m such an influencer.

Holy shit.

These days, cross-platform play puts a game near the top of my play list. Thanks for noting that, really cool.

Agreed. Steam/Switch cross-saves is a killer feature for me.

Yep Iā€™d happily play both again!

XC again, not so sure. Played it on Wii and Dolphin.

But now the faces arenā€™t hideous!!!

Ok, maybe once more! :)

So, legit question building off that from a guy who skipped the Wii U entirely after owning (between my gf and I) a 64, Gamecube, and Wii in a row:

Are there any truly remarkable Wii U experiences Iā€™d totally miss if I skipped past that in favor of a Switch for my birthday?

(Which on topic, is a song about a French speaker not quite getting English colloquialisms. Who rolls her rā€™s, her beautiful rā€™s.)

As indicated above, most of the good Wii-U stuff is on Switch now, with TMS:FE coming January. The big exception is Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Wonderful 101 is the only one I hear bandied around. There is soooooooo much stuff on the Switch. Itā€™s insane.

Ah yeah that too. I wonder what happened to the rumours from a while back of the port?

Platinum is pretty busy with Switch work as is, so I wouldnā€™t discount the possibility Wonderful 101 gets a port later on down the line.

Yep, Wonderful 101 is the clear choice there. Mario 3D World is good too.

Thanks, yā€™all!

Super Mario 3D World is the only thing I can think of off the top of my head that still hasnā€™t been ported or followed up on with a sequel. Itā€™s not the most groundbreaking Mario game, and there are still rumors it could come to the Switch eventually. But for now I think it qualifies as a great Wii U game you canā€™t play anywhere else.

Frankly, as silly as it may sound, that little piece of plastic helped me pull through some of the darkest times of my life. Donā€™t look back, it provides joy ;)