Nintendo Switch

I was wondering as well if PWOTCH was need for Fluffy. I’m obviously a QV fan.

I don’t understand anything referenced in this message.

Nintendo Switch does not have analogue triggers, so it’s not really a specific pro controller omission. :)

If the rumours are true and Sunshine is being remastered (along with a bunch of other Mario games for 35th anniversary) I think they could just use 2 buttons for FLUDD, since that’s all the analogue trigger really did in this case.

And it will probably support GC controller for the more harcore.

I’m in the same boat. But it’s entertaining, nonetheless.

Good job is reviewing well so far.

During the Shelter in Place, my daughter, and apparently most of humanity, wanted to buy a Switch. They appear to be sold out everywhere I can think to look. Any tips here on how to pick one up?

I used one of the in stock trackers I found in Google, then just kept checking it. Ended up with two - one from Games top and one from Walmart. Took a few days but each one shipped and arrived.

I can explain!

PWOTCH is a Titch streamer, though he has no videos and doesn’t seem popular. Fluffy is the name of a popular comedian, and QV is quod vide, or “on this matter see” and is used to source referenced material.

So @Left_Empty is probably suggesting that a Twitch streamer should have been used in a Fluffy sketch, and then he would have been able to source that sketch!

Nailed it.

Beat me to it, well done Scott.

Yep. That’s the only way I found that worked. Used nowinstock and set email or sms alerts on the SKUs we wanted. Then sniped them as soon as was notified, took a couple of days for stock to appear anywhere in us fwiw.

I guess I was lucky - I was just my own “in stock”, checking walmart, best buy, target and gamestop a couple of times a day. Found one at best buy within a few days of starting to look - UPS says they have it for delivery tomorrow.

And now - on to controllers. I know the pro gets awesome reviews, but $60?

Reviews of the PDP Faceoff Deluxe+ look good, and $25 is a lot more palatable.

This excellent game is down to a cent until April 9. It’s a great co-op game (as mentioned in one of the posts from February) and is even playable for smallish children. My six year old can handle two trains while I take the switches (and any additional trains); while we have plateaued for now, I’m sure two adults or older children would do much better. Highly recommended, and not just because it’s basically free.

If you’re talking about blasting ghosts with the flashlight, it’s telling you to hold down and then release the A button after the circle is filled.

Thanks, although I was finally able to figure it out after reading an IGN walkthrough. This is the first time I’ve had to read a walkthough to get through a tutorial!

PS4 controllers and XBO controllers are $50-60 (or more for custom/fancy editions) so I’m not totally sure why you would balk at $60 for a controller that is better than either of those two in terms of overall feel/comfort/quality.

Also, isn’t having a way to interface with your games that’s excellent worth the price of just one game in the long term? Think of it as an investment, like when you splurge on a better TV or a comfortable couch!

I’m loving the switch, the fact I can play it on the small screen is amazing, means I can play while sitting with the wife watching their total crap, just amazing

Not to mention that the XBO controller doesn’t have a built in battery and the one in the Switch Pro controller lasts approximately a billion times longer than the one in the Dual Shock 4, which I’m pretty sure is just using a small potato as a battery.

The only controller I like more than the Switch Pro is the XBO Elite with the Brook Wireless adapter that lets me use it on all 3 consoles and my PC. But that does cost about as much as 4 Pro controllers…

A small potato would at least give the controller some heft.It still boggles my mind that Sony shipped a controller that you have to recharge within a single play session.

Sony accidentally stumbled on “second screen” as a marketing category for the PSP because of it’s atrocious battery life, but the PSP and Vita were both hampered by not having full console development status. The Switch is really the full realization of the potential of that category.

I hope this continues and is taken up by MS and Sony. The ability to move from handheld to TV and the flexibility it provides is the greatest disruption in gaming in a decade, IMO. It’s hard for me to imagine buying another console that doesn’t enable that.