Nioh 2 - Turn demons into loot again

Yeah, there is a shrine right before the entrance when fighting Kasha. Assuming we’re talking about “The Frenzied Blaze” where you first encounter her.

If the timestamp doesn’t work, go to 29:20 or so and you can see where the shrine is (not a spoiler or anything, it’s not hidden although I can see how someone might miss it if they don’t look to the right/watch their radar).

This game is amazing. The loot chase is so good (a staple of ARPGs) but it’s combined with just superb combat/gameplay. I’m nearing the end of Dream of the Wise but I just realized I really haven’t been meleeing optimally.

I understood Flux and thought I understood Flux II, but I was wrong. It probably has to do with how I misread it originally, I thought if I switched stances during a ki pulse and saw that buff, I was done. I didn’t realize that Flux II means switching stances again for another chunk of ki. I’ve played 99% of the game with splitstaff, but a lightbulb went off for me there with regards to the Switchglaive (I’ve just played around with it briefly, I think I only have 7 skill points or something in it). Ahhh, now I get how cool the attacks on stance switches are. In the very brief time I played around with them I couldn’t keep my ki up sufficiently to really take advantage of a long combo. I thought it might have to do with my lack of Heart stat, as I’ve focused primary on Magic in this build. That focus on Onmyo is also probably why I hadn’t been forced to figure out Flux II earlier. :) I weave in a lot of spells so long chains of sustained melee hasn’t been critical. And with Barrier constantly running… well, lots of ki from that as well if I just take a tiny breather.

In any case, I think it’s really cool that I can have played this game for this long and still continue to learn things and get better. That speaks to the depth of the game mechanics, IMO. Also might speak unkindly to my intelligence but I’m gonna go with the former. :)

One note on the switchglaive is the one of the mastery skills reduces your subsequent ki consumption on all attacks after a stance switch, and that effect can stack 5 times. So your ki consumption gets smaller and smaller as your combo goes on. That what makes it a fun weapon, at least in my opinion!

I honestly don’t know if you can work Flux II into it. Pretty sure the stance switch and flux timing is different? I haven’t messed with it.

Some builds need a lot of Flux II but the ki regen with A agility, plus throwing out lots of yokai skills (which give you time to regen while still doing useful things) mean I spend much less time managing my ki. But it’s a helpful tool, if a little awkward to do.

I know!.. I even have cat-walking scrolls unlocked so I could try to walk trough everything.

You guys are awesome, thanks for the advices and support … I don’t need just now, but is always good to have a good backup :D

Completely agree. I didn’t even start stance switching or even manually using ki pulse (rather than using dodge for it) until the middle the Dream of the Nioh. Nor, as I mentioned earlier, did I know that blessed weapons allow you to ki pulse after blocks, which adds even more options. Crazy amounts of depth in the game.

Boss killed… I accidentally joined a team doing this map so I was… “why not?”.
Guys had some patience and where not terrible, so we cleaned the map.

What we did failed was to unlock the last themple thing… because …hu… the yokai to kill to unlock this templa was not where to seen.

Nice job! Judging by your co-op meter you were pushed to the brink that expedition. :)

Actually it was easy, somehow.

Is not a boss that do a lot of damage and we piled on her. Poor cute thing :3

Yay… I feel much more powerfull now, somehow.

In my experience, it appears to be different…unfortunately(?). The stance switch attack needs to be done very quickly. You can still switch stances after the edge attack and get the ki pulse, but the timing is too much for me to handle in the heat of combat. At least so far. In other words, I could do
high attack
into low stance edge attack
back to high stance for pulse
high attack
etc…

So I started playing around with Scrolls for the first time in Dream of the Wise. I found a scroll that had Ethereal Drop Rate on it so I thought that would be a good one to unlock and play around with. The first two runs of the scroll netted me with Ultimate Magic and Mystic Dyad (Splitstaff). My character is an Onmyo Magic build with Splitstaff.

I’m, uh, thinking maybe I got a little lucky with the RNG there? Gonna be hard to find an upgrade to that scroll even if the Nioh ones have one additional slot for a stat.

Wow, the RNG gods were smiling down on you. I just used the ethereal drop rate scroll, which wasn’t all that great for me otherwise. The better combat scroll I had didn’t have drop rate, so…

Right? My friend didn’t even believe me. It’s a running joke in my group of friends how terrible my luck with any sort of RNG is. I’m the guy who somehow misses a bunch of 95% shots in a row in Age of Wonders and can never get even a relatively common item I need to drop in a RPG. We just assumed I had a cursed CPU except it’s followed me to other computers. :) Wasn’t even sure I believed it myself when I got that scroll right off the bat!

Of course, my alt-itis is flaring up in a major way now. I usually get it bad in games like this but I’ve managed to hold it at bay for this long. But since hitting Dream of the Wise/Nioh I’m seeing all these awesome ethereal graces and sets+ and thinking “Hmmm, now there’s a build idea”. I’m going to get an absurd amount of mileage out of this game.

Oh man, it’s so bad in this game. Fortunately they make switching everything from your build to appearance very easy.

Making a alt was a very strong sentiment on me on… the second map?

If only just to see if I was really a better player or just more powerfull by stats. Hell, I even considered buying the first game, Nioh 1.

At the moment I feel the game is so huge, maybe is not that good idea.

Yeah, I’m debating just respeccing my guy… except I’m really happy with where my character is at and would still like to continue, so I’m not sure if I should roll a second character or just manage multiple builds, equipment sets, etc.

I already have three different gear/jutsu loadouts for my character and it’s kind of a pain to keep them updated as I find new gear. I’m only familiar with Equipment sets, does a saved Build (via the hut) also save equipment loadouts or is it only for stats? Do these tools pull equipment from the Storehouse as necessary or does your equipment need to be on your person? Just weighing the management hassle vs making a new guy. :)

Whatever hassles management has probably pale in comparison to just straight up starting over and being obligated to do all the content over again. I actually started a new guy and when I hit Enenra I was like, “ok, no” and just respecc’d my old dude.

Yeah there’s almost no need to make a new character in this game.

dont talk to me or my soon ever again - vibes

I forgot how fun and fresh the loot chase feels in Dream of the Wise. I’m having a great time!