No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

I would go with your current. Just grab a nice big freighter / fleet and enjoy the new content. I dont see much reason to go through the starting hassle again tbh. The game is way more fun after the journey up the unlocks for stuff etc.

But at 200 hours aren’t you kind of done with most things?

For sure. But if you are already there resource wise, then is the journey up really the fun bit of the game?

Not for me. I think its more the exploring new places and swapping out your gear aesthetic wise which is whats fun about the game and the new stuff helps that. The journey up with its resource hunt for various unlocks with accompanying inventory management etc I didnt really enjoy compared to the rest of the game, which I adore.

Think I’ll keep poking along with this fresh start. I definitely see the merit in Rod’s overall suggestion and of course I can still fall back on that. In that start I had something like 3 different S-class ships and a nice freighter and didn’t lack for anything and I do miss the ‘not having stuff’ climb to success. Like the first time you move up to a 20+ slot tool, and when taking on pirates was not a guaranteed proposition.

In my fresh start I’ve just about completed the objectives on the starting planet and can fly my crap ship up and scout for a better planet. Long live the naked explorer.

Hah! There goes Reddit winning the internet again. It might be a cesspool, but the collective has its moments.

That is so awesome!

But I have to admit, I was hoping the bump was because they annouced the third big feature. Or the release date. :)

The team must have been really happy to see that after all they have been through.

Yeah you’ve got to give these guys credit. They messed up, but they made up for it.

There’s the possibility of a Beyond trailer in about 1 hour from… now!

(This was tweeted ~1am UK time)

I’ve been nosing around this game since I heard they fixed it. Haven’t tried it. Should I get it and why?
Give me 5 good reasons! =)

1: pretty
2: interesting
3: big
4: chillacious
5: pretty

Some friends and I played a ton last year when “Next” came out. Its good, very chilled out, plenty to do. Now everyone is getting excited because “Beyond” is due to come out soon. A few of us dipped back in again - its still fun. Its a relaxed exploration of a 70s sci-fi universe. Its a multi-colored zen journey through space … and your mind. Its worth messing with to see if you like it.

waiting for the PSVR update coming with “Beyond” …

Ahh definitely not less intrigued. Might have to buy it!

Currently on a decent sale at GMG, for whatever that’s worth (and use summer10 for an extra 10% off).

No trailer yet, but August 14th.

Yeah not much revealed there but seems like VR is the primary focus of the update.

And online/multiplayer stuff.

wow, cool, thanks. less than 2 weeks. I hope I do not get nausea