No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

That takes no time at all these days.

Really? Cool, haven’t played in a while.

Well it’s not instant, but now it’s no longer than most games are when initially ‘loading’.

One of my bigger pet peeves for sure.

If I love PSVR and have never looked at NMS, now is the time right? Even if I am way more Starship Troopers than Space Minecraft?

Hard to say.

If ‘space minecraft’ doesn’t really appeal, then I’m not sure doing it in VR will change that beyond maybe a few initial wow moments.

None of us have played it in VR yet but it sure sounds promising. There are not a lot of really big full games out there that have ‘made for VR’ controls.

Can you imagine how fun it would be to be able to do VR in a multi crew space yacht? It would be like traveling around in Jack Vance’s Gaean Reach but without all the witty dialogue and banter. I’d pay money for a dlc that did that.

Actually just found out that when those distress call-fights show up (can´t manage to ignore them, feels awful), I shoot the first two or three (there were 5 of them each time, each one increasing in difficulty), but the last ones I just flew far enough away from, and the mission was complete. Hack!!

Yeah but sometimes, I THINk that a POI is close enough for a flight just skimming the atmosphere, that turns out to be a 5+ minute (not kidding) flight. At some point I just think it´s stupid to use up the jump fuel but since that fuel is easy enough to come buy, maybe I should just start using it a bit more.

Alright alright I hear you! =) After last message, I went back in and started focusing on just one task at the time. Managed to upgrade the suit ONCE at least, and finish some other building stuff. Something kind of gave way and everything feels a bit more overseeable. I just have to focus on the task at hand.
Although, I don´t have much to sell actually. I sell pretty much every valuable I come by as soon as I can, so what I have in store is basically material. Need to craft a few more vaults (only have one).
And… NO. Lol - I put all my suit upgrades in the regular slots! Jeeeez. I´ll have to go back and move them.
Just one thing - can´t really figure out how to use the cargo slot in the exosuit? I´ve tried moving things there but it doesn´t work. Guess I´m doing it wrong.

Honestly had no idea!

Also - since I hired myself a gardener-bird-botanist and researched some more blueprints for base… I´ll probably spend the rest of the game just building a base. Great stuff

I bet this is because the cargo slots are all occupied/full. Have you figured out yet how to look at them? I struggled with that early on. After you open the exosuit inventory you look for a cargo icon to the right.

No I see it, and it´s empty. But if I select something from the suit slots and try to go to the cargo slot, nothing happens if I click the material into that slot. Hm.

Have you tried using Quick Transfer? It’s Y on controller when hovering over something, not sure about mouse/keys - tooltips should say.

Using quick transfer, one of the targets should be ‘Exosuit High Capacity Inventory’ and it should also say how much free space it has too.

@Profanicus @barstein uhh…never mind. I didn´t have that slot yet.
OK I´ll start paying attention now =)

Also - thought I could dismantle the upgrades to my suit and build them again in the technology part, but nope. Had a great jetpack update that´s just gone now. Woopie.
Oh well! ON with it.

Ahh. I really don’t like combat in this game, especially since both my multi-tool and my ship SUCKS.
I did the digging trick last time I took a Gravitino Ball - thanks for the tip @KevinC ! But now I have two main missions where I have to blast through a door into both a weapons facility and a Korvax facility. None of my weapons are good enough to get through the door before the Sentinels start shooting at me and I reaaallly don’t enjoy being chased by them =(

So I guess the best way to get through those missions in the easiest way is to have a great weapons upgrade, then fly away until they stop looking for me and then get back and go in?

You can blast the doors from your ship. Fly, do a pass, go away, do another pass. Repeat until door explodes. Fly away for a bit until the sentinels stop looking, land, go inside. ;)

One thing that really helped me was getting as many of the suit health upgrades as possible. That way you don’t get too worried when you take a hit or two and worry about getting one shot. The shotgun weapon for the multi tool is really effective against those doors. I would get the door down in no time and then just go in and finish the puzzle in the building. By the time I was done, the sentries had deactivated.

The grenade blueprint for the multitool is also quite good at breaking the doors.

Sadly, players must provide their own witty banter.

Would be great tho if J. Vance wrote the dialogue for a game.

…from his grave.

I just found a planet with Grav balls all over the surface and Relics in the caves… made about 2 million bucks in an hour of farming but the market price seemed to drop accordingly. Pro tip: when you pick up the Relics you should get TetraCobalt as well which should be converted to Ionized Cobalt for selling. Each one converts to 150 IC (IIRC) very quickly.

Really enjoying NMS again! This is my 3rd attempt and the farthest I’ve ever gotten with a pair of ships and a little base. Still tons more to do and see.

So patch notes today? Gib!