No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

Is there any way to tell what kind of bonus you are going to get from an upgrade module without installing it (or buying it)? I switched to a new multi-tool, and got it upgraded with 3 s class scanner upgrades again, but it is generating maybe 14% less money on scans.

I just finished up the armorer’s missions Now I need to clean up my base. There are craters all over the place.

No. It tells you the stats it will affect, but not by how much. That’s the gamble…

Though you can ‘game’ it by save scumming if you really want. If the stats aren’t great, reload, install/destroy a cheap C-class of the same type, and try again.

I love this game. Currently the best space game out there for me (exploration, chillin and advancement).

High five!

Okay, a question for those of you using the VR. I picked this up last year when it came out on Xbox. I liked it a lot, put a ton of hours in (though didn’t get to any of the ‘endings’. I haven’t booted it up for beyond yet, but I’m thinking about it. But.

I recently picked up A PS4 Pro from a friend for $200, mostly in anticipation of Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, but also to play a couple of exclusives (Horizon, Supergiant games, etc). I see a used PSVR setup (headset, camera, move controllers, cables) on FB Marketplace near me for $150- seems like a deal. Is it worth it for NMS? I’ve never tried any VR setup of any kind before.

If you’ve never tried it, and you aren’t sure but you know you want to try it. then 150.00 is worth every penny. Not only for NMS, but for a slew of other things (some free) that will clue you in on if VR is for you or not, without the 400+ price tag. I have a Rift S, and I still break out the PSVR as well.

EDIT: NMS has been my killer app, followed closely by Beat Saber and Astro Bot, all available on PSVR.

GO FOR IT.

As above… if you’re at all interested in PSVR, NMS is the game which really justified having bought it for me. In the past week it’s got more play from me than any other game since I got the headset (Dec 18) other than SkyrimVR and Battlezone (which is great for getting your VR legs, since it’s cockpit game… Skyrim initially made me motion sick)… I tend to prefer the regular controller over the move controllers for all games.

I figured y’all would say that. Damn it.

If you know you like the game and wouldn’t mind playing more, you’ll be blown away with how cool it is in VR. Even with the issues it has with bugs and performance (which are slowly improving), I don’t really want to play anything else.

Okay message has been sent. Apparently she’s talking to someone else, but if she still has it when I’m done with business tomorrow, it’s mine. It’s in the hands of the gods now.

I agree. I love flying around in a ship in Elite, but I have more fun with NMS.

Tested shared base building. It works fine when in an online game with another person. My Steam friend and I was in his save, and I could add to his base, delete things, and access everything in my construction menu.

However, when he was offline and I was back in my own save, I could teleport to his base (like usual) but could no longer build things. It wouldn’t even let me open my construction menu.

Has anyone else tried multiplayer base building?

Has anyone ever seen or heard of people collaborating on a base while not connected to another person?

Ditto.

This game has so many wow moments.

Oh, Sh*t, run!

Incredible dark world where all the major flora looked like the were exploding light into the sky.

Then a moon that looked like hexes when powering down to it, but as the hexes became smaller, well everything became smaller hexes: the ground, the plants, the minerals. It was just awesome.

And when mining into the, “ground,” it just looked like the hexes bent and melted down to become more hexes.

So many crazy worlds today. Good stuff.

I’ve only been playing for an hour or two, but so far I really like it! The tutorial has been very helpful so far, and I felt plenty of urgency and fear and stuff. My starting planet is kinda scary, which is cool. I like the Minecraft-style gathering and crafting. This was what I was hoping “Spore” would be like, all those years ago, heh.

I have seen all of this. They (seems to) have reduced / removed the procedural creation, limiting it to a set of curated elements.

For people running Oculus, OpenComposite is now working with No Man’s Sky!

A few little tweaks still to come but now playable and so much smoother than the SteamVR version:

For anyone else doing them I ran into some odd issues with both the Artemis and Atlas Path story lines. I basically had to complete a chunk of the artemis line twice as I’d just started the last part and somehow it jumped me back to the middle. I also did Atlas Path to the point where I received my reward, but it still shows in the log, and is telling me to find an interface which no longer is a filter option in the galactic map.

I’ve run into some other quest glitches. The free finding glyphs one is back too. I have one save parked until it can be patched.

On the second time you talk to Nada & Polo in the Anomaly … how many of you got the 150 quicksilver?

I ran three saves to that point with these results:
Save 1 - got the quicksilver, had it removed due to now patched bug before leaving anomaly (normal)
Save 2 - did not get any (normal)
Save 3 - got quicksilver, and still have it post the patch for that bug (survival)

Quest bugs seem to be the last fixed after big patches, which makes sense.