No Man's Sky - Exploring a 60s-Scifi-cover themed universe (post-release thread)

Yeah, it doesn’t qualify since it’s not even out of early access yet. ;)

Whoa. Yeah, that’s exactly what I’m talking about. I saw that thread when it first started, but not the more recent updates. Basically, the idea is that the game is always watching what you do- and in some cases what you don’t do, and uses those actions in a sort of procedural algorithm of story blocks. Murray goes into it in the book I referenced above. I’m definitely keeping up on that project now- thanks for the tip!

The book is on 30% sale today if you’re planning to get it.

Sean, I’m gonna need more from you.

$23.99 @ Humble Store for subscribers.

Oh nice, will have to dive back into this.

Yes, that was officially in the October 3rd patch 2.13.

I don’t use 4k or 21:9, so I can’t really comment on the implementation but I hope it works well for you.

Did power generation or use change recently? For some reason my base is out of power, and when I last played a couple months ago it doing fine.

Left the lights on?

I’m having the same problem. I think it’s a bug because my power output is greater than power used. Weird.

EDIT: Uh oh - this looks like an old bug that has reappeared (or never been fixed).

So out of nowhere, they added a surprisingly complex synthesizer system:

This game is so lost. It has no idea what it wants to be when it grows up.

Quite the contrary. It knows what it is, and it knows it wants to be fun. ;)

I guess it’s chosen to be a playground for whatever it is you want to do in it.

Which is just awesome in my book. ;)

And the ability to attach lights I read? How many players are working on the Wizards in Winter track?

The guy who made that hilarious Fall of 76 video has made a surprisingly sympathetic overview for No Man’s Sky following the project from the massive hype cycle, the rough launch, to the unprecedented post-launch support. It also caught the attention of Sean Murray, who seems chuffed that it helped return the game to the top sellers charts on Steam.

Timestamped to start at “My Evening Interview”

ROFL, that interview.