3. NBA 2K18
  4. Madden NFL 18
  5. Grand Theft Auto V
  6. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  7. Ghost Recon Wildlands
  8. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
  9. NBA 2K17
  10. Final Fantasy XV

Observations: There must be a sizeable distance between number one on November’s list and Number two. Number 1 was CoDWW2, and it was also the best selling game of 2017 so far, and the best selling game of the last 12 months. Meanwhile, number 2, 3 on November’s list (Battlefront II, AC: Origins) didn’t make the top 10 list for the year so far, or the top 10 list of the last 12 months.

Also: Destiny 2 did really well. Despite all their apologies and rejiggering of their loot and all that, they sold the shit out of that game.

I can’t believe the piece of shit Need For Speed: Payback outsold Wolfenstein II. That game shouldn’t be on the top 20 list at all. It outsold Forza 7 on the Xbox One. To be fair though, Forza 7 had already been out since October.

PS4 was the hardware leader and had its best single month to date.

Especially when you consider that those sales don’t include digital, unlike CoDWW2

Where’s that? Anecdotally, Amazon was out of the xb1x even before thanksgiving, and was waiting for a restock. I had to actually go to a store to buy it (WTF?!?!?)

Yeah, it sounds like they did really well. Here was the note on hardware:

Here
https://venturebeat.com/2017/12/14/november-npd-2017-call-of-duty-wwii-leads-2-7-billion-month-as-sales-are-up-30-year-over-year/

Sony’s PlayStation 4 has stayed at the top as the best-selling platform, and November didn’t change that. It stayed No. 1, and Sony also sold more consoles than any other month in the PS4’s lifetime.

Interesting:

Though the PS4 sold the most number of consoles, the Xbox One brought in more revenue.

Of course the xb1x is what, over 2x as expensive as the base PS4 now? Still, it’s probably pretty close if that’s the case…

I wonder how much the 1.5 versions of consoles did vs originals.

I bet Xbox One S outsold Xbox One X, but by how much?
I bet PS4 Slim outsold PS4 Pro, but by how much?

Ps4 was going for 200 and Pro for 350.
Xbox One S was going for 189-299 (bundles) and X was 500.
So a big price gap.

I’d be curious to know if the discounted PSVR contributed in more PS4 sales. Heck, I almost bought one just to play Skyrim VR.

Not really surprised; every place around here was sold out of $200 PS4s during Black Friday weekend. Hell, I even saw a bunch of Switches in stock but not a single PS4.

Yeah, there was no question that a $200 PS4 was a huge hit. They sold a ton. Price is always a gigantic driver of sales I’m sure that Nintendo is happy with their sales too, but they couldn’t hope to catch a $200 PS4 in November.

Makes sense as all the Xbox-ers would be waiting for Xbox One X to drop? Like Apple when a new phone is gonna be released in two months.

Man, what a bunch of shitty games topping the charts for PS4/Xbox in the prime shopping season of the year. It makes me wonder why I ever bought a PS4 and also makes me extra grateful for indie games.

Hey what’d i miss since leaving the industry four years ago? Must be a bunch of new awesome shit for the holidays!

Oh. Nothing, then? I…see. okay.

I’m maybe not quite getting what you’re suggesting. These were the November charts, and the Xbox One X released in early November. This is exactly the time when they should not be waiting for it to be released: it’s the time they should be buying one.

No accounting for the tastes of the masses. There’s plenty of good games on PS4.

There are some, but not enough. Did anything interesting actually come out in the last couple of months or is it just the yearly iteration of the same old game franchise?