Obi Wan film in discussion

OK, so … maybe not a film after all?

Sure, only a rumor at this point, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

http://www.cinelinx.com/movie-news/movie-reviews-movie-news/exclusive-ewan-mcgregor-signs-on-for-obi-wan-kenobi-return/

Rumor being reported as true in several places, but none with solid record.

However past history suggests high probability. The Mandalorian is one high profile Disney Plus project, Ewan has expressed many times in the past an interest in returning to the role, and the chance to star and direct episodes is a pretty good carrot.

I give this a high probability of true.

Yeah, the timing coincides with Disney’s D23 conference next week as well. We won’t have long to wait for an official confirmation.

It is a bit weird to hear about this so soon after Disney announced a Star Wars “hiatus,” though. We have Episode 9 this year, so I guess 2020 will see nothing, with 2021 for Obi Wan and then the new trilogy from the Game of Thrones dudes starting in 2022? Not much of a hiatus!

The Mandalorian comes out this year in November. The Resistance cartoon is ongoing and will be continuing through next year. Clone Wars Season 7 will debut on Disney plus sometime in the next year. Obi Wan very well could debut next year.

Movie hiatus. No hiatus on the TV series on Disney+, I don’t think. And remember Obi Wan will be a Disney+ thing, not a theater release, even if it’s a limited episode series.

Oh, OK, I didn’t catch that part. Makes sense.