Oblivion problems

Well you’d think so Dave but even the 360 version has problems.

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=273721

That and the fact that you actually have to own a 360 and all that jazz, and oh wait, I already have a PC.

— Alan

I played from 8PM-5AM last night, no crashes, no problems at all. A64 with an AGP 6800GT, newest drivers.

I haven’t had any crashes or technical problems of any sort either.

No problems here either, runs great on my machine.

Honestly, I miss those days.

Oh man, that’s a particularly difficult to fix problem.

It’s because you use h4x

Jesus I don’t, getting my first soundblaster card working with wolfenstein was a nightmare.

I hated making Ultima 7 work. Jesus. It was worth it though.

haha, yeah.

“That version also has problems! links to easy fix for said problem

Great argument!

Not to turn this here forum into a mess, but, er… do you have a link to that thread about disabling Windows Audio? The game won’t launch for me and I’ve scoured the official boards for clues, but I haven’t caught that one and I’d like to try it out…

I think it was linked in this thread actually… I just read through a few pages for fun… NO idea why I did it though, since I dont have the game and I shold have been working. :-)

Just do the following if you want to test it:

click start-run or press windowskey+R
type “net stop AudioSrv”
Start the game.

If you want to start audio again, reboot or type
“net start audiosrv” in the same run window as earlier.

You can also try DXDIAG, let it perform its check of the dx files, then
go to the SOUND tab, and set the Hardware Sound Acceleration Level one notch below Full Acceleration.

(Fun vista feature I’ve read: no hw acceleration of eax/dsound, although you can get hw openAL. + Application specific volume settings (dsound already has that from what I know) )

Thanks for the quick reply, instant. Unfortunately neither of those things seems to help, so I’m back to cruising the cesspool…

It’s a codec pack made by the people who make the Matroska container format (.mkv for videos), which is an alternative to .ogm or .avi files for containing various encoding formats for the video, sound, and subtitle streams. You can put together a single video file with multiple switchable sound or subtitle tracks, etc. It is only available from their website, and has nothing really to do with Bethesda or Oblivion, other than the fact that it is probably better put together and lean and mean than the other codec packs that you can find on the net.

Try investigating the ffdshow settings, it has a whole control panel off the tray icon. There may be an option for making it close the tray icon after the video closes or something that has been toggled off?

I hope one of the first mods removes all the restrictions that were added to appease the bitching masses who hated Morrowind. Stuff like limited training sessions per level, unpickable locks, stolen items being flagged, etc. Get that shit out of there.

…stolen items were flagged in Morrowind, I thought.

Flagged meaning that merchants respond to them? I think if you try to sell a stolen item in MW back to the person you stole it from, they will call the guards. But I’m pretty sure you can sell them to other “legit” merchants without a problem. Unless it’s Skooma or something.

In Morrowind, a merchant only cared about an item if you had stolen it from them.

Also, I don’t believe there were any unpickable locks in the original Morrowind, but Tribunal added one or two of them.

Yeah, the stolen item thing takes alot of the fun away. You steal some generic sword, and 3 towns away the guard can tell you are carrying it and will attack you? Where’s the fun in that?

Chet