Occasional livestreaming [was Live streaming on YouTube and Twitch every Mon, Wed, and Fri at 6pm Pacific!]

So you play a single map and stop playing it when you’re bored and then uninstall game and burn the disk?

What? Sandbox generates a scenario to your specifications, with victory conditions you set, again as in any good city builder. The map is randomly generated, the challenges are configured to your tastes, and the victory conditions are clear and concrete. I’ve spent many hundreds (likely into the thousands) of hours playing Anno games, maybe 10 of that was spent on the campaigns.

To be able to set my own goals and options would mean destroying a slave inside me first. I am more used to good old seeking of admiration of mission designer, getting a “mission complete” screen that my father had never gave me.

On a more serious note I rarely see point in tinkering with game settings. This means that I’d know the game better than designer himself who is supposed to give me the best parts of the game with hand crafted scenarios or default options. Even if I’d happily lower length setting of most games I want to believe strategy game developers to make default settings right.

What a profoundly alien mentality. There’s endless variety in the open play mode precisely because there is no “right” default setting.

Yes, RH he built houses and a ton of huge ships. Looked pretty good to me. He was even earning money this time!

I enjoy watching Tom play this, but his city looks so messy. :p

The move tool is a god send in this if you want nicer looking cities. :)

My campaign main island below, and I am still tweaking placements, I fear the potato farms will need moving. Get the shovels!

Wow, those cities are so neat they actually look boring. Like London in real life.

London boring? What you talking about Willis?

That made me chuckle. Chapeau to you, Alex.

Good heavens LK that is impressive. Look at those wheat fields!

Tom did have some very pretty ships and shore batteries…

Anno certainly looks good.

Happy Request Wednesday! Tonight (in 30 minutes) our very own monster slayer Tom Chick is streaming Dauntless - Website link.

Dpic

You can find the Twitch stream here.

You can find the non-night mode YouTube stream here.

And you can find the YouTube night mode stream here.

Dauntless was a Request Wednesday winner. If you have a game that is on Steam or that Tom owns on the PS4 that you would like him to stream, you can leave a vote in the comments section of one of the videos he’s posted on YouTube or stop by the Monday or Friday stream and submit your vote in the chat.

LK I thought that went surprisingly well. Dauntless is a serious game. I was sure it was some goofy free to play multiplayer thing. But you know it really looked pretty ok.

I thought it looked bland and stupid. Especially in stark contrast to the brilliance of the One Finger Death Punch intro and outro.

I would agree with bland.

Today is Friday! Tonight our very own Tom Chick is streaming Day’s Gone - PS4 link

NO TWITCH TONIGHT!

You can find the non-night mode YouTube stream here.

And you can find the YouTube night mode stream here.

Voting is open for Request Wednesday! If you have a game that is on Steam or that Tom owns on the PS4 that you would like him to stream, you can leave a vote in the comments section of one of the videos he’s posted on YouTube or stop by the Monday or Friday stream and submit your vote in the chat.

I am headed to bed, moar vote taking on Monday. :)

Tom is still streaming the Zombie Biker game! No it isn’t great…But he is killing zombies in wet environments

Surprisingly == he didn’t kill a lot of Zombies In the PS4 “Biker Zombie” game. (“Day’s Gone”)

But he played it well. Watch that stream … we had a lot of other topics as Tom killed zombies… or avoided them. And then killed some.

Get back to work! Or I’ll go tell Cyrus!

-Tom