Offworld Trading Company from Mohawk Games

It’s not, but I think founders get all DLC for free.

I just wanted to post before @Island_Dog did. It’s been a while since I did that. ;)

Be careful, I did that once and I’m pretty sure he made it a personal crusade at that point to make sure you’d never be able to set team start location affinity in GalCiv 3. :)

Hey guys…new OTC DLC to…

Oh FFS… :D

Ohhhh that sounds super cool! Just wish my brain and body worked properly so I could delve in. Maybe I will try to. bit anyways.

Yeah, that’s the mission that made me shelve this (so far).

I explain the DLC here: http://www.mohawkgames.com/2016/08/22/ceres-initiative-dlc/

Basically,
Resources diminish over time (a High resource tile becomes Medium and then Low)
Uranium is a new resource (it’s a metal, like Iron and Aluminum, so it is produced by with the Metal Mine)
New building: Nuclear Plants, which converts Uranium and Water into Power
New terrain: Salts, which boosts Farm production by 50%
New terrain: Caves, which gives mines, quarries, and pumps access to resources in adjacent tiles
New patent: Liquid Batteries, which allows Solar Condensers to work at night
Water Ice can be found on all maps
Days are shorter (9 hours), so buildings turn on and off more frequently, and debt can accumulate faster
No Wind Turbines, Geothermal Plant, Dust Storms, or Superconductor

The net effect tends to be that onworld prices are a lot higher, so building an Offworld Market is often a bad strategy, depending on the situation.

Whoa. That’s heavy! How will I get my 1.21 gigawatts flowing???

Anyway, sounds awesome. I’ll buy it later.

Soren you are awesome :)

Not to pimp for reviews too obviously… ;)

…but for those of you who have played OTC and would like to leave a Steam review of it (pro or con) you can do so here:

We’ve gotten some dings form people who thought OTC was going to be a Civ game. :)

That DLC sounds pretty interesting - especially the diminishing resources. For some reason OTC is one of those games that I enjoyed when I played it, but then stopped and never went back. I think it’s the stress of a real-time game. I was so close to finishing up a campaign game too. There are a handful of games like this - where I think the game is good, but when it comes down to firing it up I just don’t. EU IV is another one.

OTC is on sale this weekend on Steam with up to 66% off on the game, DLC, and Gold.

Has anyone tried The Ceres Initiative DLC? Seems like it could be pretty good. I’m guessing if someone was choosing between this and the real Mars maps, Ceres would be the better choice?

Yeah, you’ll get many times more mileage out of Ceres.

We’ll be having multiplayer streams on Mondays at 2pm ET if you’d like to join us. :)

The Patron & the Patriot DLC is just about done. It’s a pretty hefty DLC.

It is really designed to flesh out the game’s setting (Mars) by giving players a better idea of what life is like for colonists, workers and even corporate titans.

It comes out tomorrow. But in the meantime, I have a write up I’ve done here:

Interesting! I have enjoyed Offworld a lot, and will happily gobble up more ‘atmosphere’ content for an excellent game, particularly single-player focused (multiplayer with strangers is just too stressful for me).

What, in that screenshot, should I be seeing as new? I must admit I can’t spot the new bits! Except perhaps new colony types?

Very nice DLC addition, can’t wait to play it.

OTC is in my top 5 list of games this year!

I’m excited about this:

Story-Driven Campaigns - Six interactive short stories about life on Mars, available to experience through playing the new characters on each different length of campaign.

And it’s just $5? Wow! That is awesome.

Every mission has a different Colony Class which significantly changes the rules (there are about 20 of them), and there are two different victory modes for each mission - the old one and a new one that centers around supplies a rotating set of resources to the Colony. There are 2 new CEO’s to play (with new, unique powers and written storylines), and there are new 10- and 4-week campaign modes.

I just meant in the screenshot! I had read the press release.

I’m looking forward to it. I hope it drops early enough today for me to play around with after work (GMT).