OK here we go: NOT P&R: Circumcision: Are you?

Really? You’ve had sex with your penis circumsized so you know how much extra sensitivity you have?

This tack always makes me chuckle.

There’s no basis for comparison, except for the folks who had sex while uncircumsized, then got circumsized and had some more sex.

Couldn’t care less why silly American puritanists do something. Has exactly zero bearing on me.

Other countries don’t circumcise their male babies because they have all judged that circumcision doesn’t have sufficient benefits to justify the unnecessary procedure. Circumcision is a big waste of time and money and a constant needless risk. But it’s profitable to the healthcare industry, so they keep doing it.

At the same time, countries don’t ban circumcision because they have all judged that circumcision doesn’t have sufficient drawbacks to justify the unnecessary ban.

See what I did there?

It’s funny that you refuse to equate male circumcision with female circumcision just because the male variety is routine in your religion. You hold the blind rage against female circumcision because you obviously haven’t looked into the issue yourself, and just feel what some feminists in the US tell you to feel. Female circumcision happens in many parts of Africa, and women there see it as an integral part of their womanhood. For them it is a very special rite of passage, carried out and carried on by women.

Right. I’m totally biased, illogical, and irrational. I haven’t looked into the issue. Thank you, oh wisest of the wise. Your knowledge and sheer intellect are a beacon fit to outshine the sun!

Obviously, since I haven’t looked into the issue, we can conclude two things:

1 - You should deign to enlighten the poor, uneducated savages like myself with these strange and foreign concepts such as references, that we may begin to approach your understanding of all things.

2 - There is nothing I can say to you, because obviously I have no information to share!

It’s funny, I didn’t know you were psychic.

There are varying levels of female circumcision, and the image of the barbaric, forced, Arab-run version of female circumcision where they cut out the whole kit and caboodle is completely atypical and rare when compared to the larger scope of the process.

What’s “Arab-run” about it? It’s a phenomenon mostly from African. Sudan, the Nile Valley, etc.

… oh whoops! I forgot. I don’t know anything about the subject. Sorry.

All those circumcised African women would hold American women in the same disregard that Americans feel for uncircumcised men. Uncircumcised men, by the way, are about 95% of the world’s population.

Don’t give a shit. I don’t hold uncircumcised men in disregard. It’s simply an aspect of Judaism that has far fewer issues than you’re making it out to.

I use it as a pouch, and keep my keys in there. No one’s gonna mug me!

I’m not about to engage in forum dickery with you because I’m fucking tired of it, but if you’re going to remove a part of the body unnecessarily and inflict trauma on a newborn, there should be a damned good reason for it. “Well, it doesn’t hurt them (past the initial trauma, shock, and potential complications)” isn’t a good reason.

What’s “Arab-run” about it? It’s a phenomenon mostly from African. Sudan, the Nile Valley, etc.

The images I have seen to promote the issue as objectionable and “horrifying” typically have one or two Arab men carrying a screaming, crying, six-year-old girl, or some such.

Oh hey look, a link saying you’re wrong!

“Female circumcision is mainly carried out in western and southern Asia, the Middle East and large areas of Africa.”

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/medical_notes/241221.stm

Moron.

Because when you remove nerve endings, there’s a possibility you get more sensitive, right? Is that the part that makes you laugh?

You could end up like this, or even worse:

You’d be completely right, except that science exists.

Whoa, now. Keep your P&R talk in P&R. EE usually has a much nicer vibe than this.

True, and the scientific method states that we would make a hypothesis and conduct research to prove or disprove it. I’d like to see some research asking men, pre- and post- circumcision, how they rate the pleasurability of having sex. Of course we’d need to control for many factors, such as partner. I could go on. It doesn’t help that I’m doing a Stats class right now very focused on research design.

My point is that I don’t think any such study exists, so who knows? Just having nerves in the foreskin isn’t enough “science” to prove anything about sexual pleasurability enhancement.

Well, he wasn’t the moro… unfortunate person who posted in the wrong forum.
And the thread-title doesn’t do it:

“Poll: Nazis - good or bad? Please don’t Godwin…”
It just doesn’t work that way.

Repo, did you really believe a question about circumcision would not provoke a political and religious discussion?

You can’t discuss circumcision without dragging in religion because there just isn’t any non-religious reason to circumsize every male by default. Not if you’re living in a developed country anyway.

I don’t think he’s saying that. But I don’t think that it necessarily means that the inverse is true, either. Removing nerve endings doesn’t necessarily mean less pleasure, I can think of a few reasons why off the top of my head: 1) those particular nerve endings are not particularly activated during coitus, 2) the remaining nerve endings do a more than adequate job of transmitting the same amount of pleasurable sensation, 3) there are finite amounts of pleasurable sensation that can be felt during intercourse due to sensory thresholds, etc, etc…

Again, the only way to truly get at this would to do a proper study, and if someone can dig one up, I’d love to read it! But, to be honest, I don’t think I could stand it if sex were any more pleasurable, because it’s already awesome to the maxxxx!111!!!A+

It would be hard to do since humans don’t have good memories of pain/pleasure levels.

There was this study, though.

Regardless, if you can reach orgasm, you’re probably ok.

Thanks. As far as the Middle East goes, to my knowledge it came from Africa and has moved there, but I didn’t know about southern Asia.

Interesting study, but now I’d need to see how they correlate pressure sensitivity with the perception of pleasure. And the interesting part is that certain areas of the circumcised penis have different sensitivity to pressure than areas of the uncircumcised penis. What if those areas of the penis come more into contact with areas of your partner’s genitals during intercourse (or mouth, during oral sex)? That would mean circumcised men could theoretically find certain positions, or sex itself, MORE pleasurable. Once again, assuming pressure sensitivity and positive sexual sensation are positively correlated.

I am also now wondering about the link between uncircumcised penises and premature ejaculation :)

The most sensitive location on the circumcised penis was the circumcision scar on the ventral surface.

That’s kinda gross. “LICK MY SCAR! OOOOOH!”

I’m not about to engage in forum dickery

'Cause we’ll have to cut you down to size snigger

Hey, didn’t Cronenberg’s “Crash” have some scar fetishist as a main character? Your little quote is familiar.

But you could be a little bit more subtle directing someone to the location of your “most sensitive spot”. I don’t think circumcision scars are particularly noticeable when you think about how weird penises look in general.

I think it would be hot if the girl was into it. Like Rene Rousso in Leathal Weapon 3.