Ok I cannot figure out how to delete my account

Some people just find that they need to get away from the community because it sucks them in and they’re unable to get their work/life going in the direction they prefer. We’ve “helped” a few people like that. Anyhow, whatever reason is fine.

Holy shit, what

Crap, this probably should be in a separate thread but I hope all is well with him - anything involving hospitalization is scary right now no matter the cause.

On a far less important note, I follow Tom but didn’t see that tweet, which is odd.

I didn’t know Tom was sick either, hope everything’s OK.

@KristiGaines if you PM Tom and me requesting it, I’ll anonymize your account, which changes all your posts to an anonymous name and stops you from logging in. But I’ll echo other posters to say it’s easier just to change your password and not come back. And I’ll echo them when I say I hope you decide otherwise.

Hope Tom and Kristi both feel better soon.

Hang in there, KG! As I’ve been saying to grocery store checkout clerks for the past couple months, “I hope for every one rude a-hole you encounter, you’re seeing 100 considerate, kind-hearted folks.” True at Shoprite, true at Qt3!

And get well soon, Tom!

I, uh, don’t know anything about that kind of stuff, cough.

Omg, cover your mouth.

@ KristiGaines,

I concur, miss you as well, one of the few tactical strategy gamers with similar tastes similar to mine :(

I didn’t know there is a way to leave. I thought I would be stuck here forever. Nobody told me … /joking

You can check out any time you like…

Oh no. I thought this was going to be something else entirely.

I only haunt a couple of sites, but there is one that uses temp bans as a way to help people walk away for a bit who just can’t otherwise. They call it hiatus, and these members just tell the mods how long they want to be gone and they just ban you for that period of time but make it clear it was a request not a kick… I’ve not used it myself, so I have little info beyond that but it works for those who need it.

just an idea.

Gosh, I can’t understand why anyone would want to leave here.

Ya…but I never voiced it and don’t voice negative shit like a lot of people do here…it was a lot worse 10 years ago…I got ripped on so many times when I was first on here…but I hold my tongue as I don’t want to rip anyone like I was ripped…so I aint the issue.

Bill Dungsmoron or whatever he/she called themselves…the worst…never forget that one.

Maybe it still comes through, although you don’t mean it too.

Just fyi but from the outside she seems like someone unfamiliar with internet forums and wants to delete all her past messages the way you can delete all your content on Twitter or Instagram, not just block her account from posting again.

That’s actually a pretty interesting feature that perhaps Discourse could work into its code in the distant future for parity with other platforms.

Ahh yeah, we have no way to do that. She could individually edit all her old posts I suppose.

Couldn’t she just request a name change? Then all her posts would be associated with ‘floopydoop’ and not her presumptive actual name.

There are a lot of younger people who’ve grown up with social media and make and delete accounts on them over and over again, and probably don’t really understand the concept of a forum in the same way, where your content is published on a server and not directly and only associated with your account. You join a fan community (“community”, really effectively hashtag) , you post in the fan community/hashtag, you grow up and get older, you delete the account, move on to the next thing that interests you.

So that might satisfy her, but she might need to get talked into it. Or she might be frustrated because she doesn’t understand why her posts can’t just be deleted. Can’t really say.