Ok I cannot figure out how to delete my account

Suffice it to say KG is not in the demgraphic you’re describing.

Well, maybe not. Either way hope she gets the conclusion to her account here she can live with.

Yes, that would do it if that was her concern, but it sounds like she’s more pissed of at her treatment by specific people than concerned about privacy from exposing her name.

If that is the problem then I sympathize, I don’t use my real name anywhere, and I sign up to every site under a different name to boot. You can’t find me even if you google my full name, the first result is on page 2 from a usenet post back in like 1997. I went to every single one of those databroker sites, like radaris, peoplefinder, etc, and threatened to sue them to get my info removed when necessary.

Indeed it has been said that QT3 is the worst form of social media, except for all the others.

Example of what was happening when I first joined. This happened 14 years ago but Stusser was responding to my first post which I was asking about some office politic thing:

Nobody cares about your life, or your life’s philosophy, or that you’re 42 and have no kids, or certainly about your office politics. Your mom was wrong. You are not special. Your life is not interesting.
I’m not being sarcastic or flaming you. This is honesty.

It’s amazing I didn’t just quit the internet there and then…it’s been better since then so I’m ok…and forgive Stusser.

Still rings true!

I like to think I’ve tempered my edge over the years though, heh.

Oh, and my mom was right…ask my kid!

Oh man I just read through that thread and there is some classic BillD in there. I miss that guy. He had a way with words.

Schism in my jism to cure my priapism. Delicious.

https://forum.quartertothree.com/t/selfishness-or-lack-thereof

It’s been moved!

Just want to chip in with the others and tell @KristiGaines if still reading: I too appreciated you in your posts here. You had many similar game likes as me and seemed just as addicted to the fun in several of them.

QT3 can get to you at times. Many that have been here for a while have had short or even long hiatus periods. I would encourage you to use that method if you just need a break. Don’t let individual assholes get to you. Every community has a few, we all have to wander through bumping into them occasionally. You’re wanted here but if you need to step away for a while, no worries.

Good lord, that’s a twisted viewpoint. I can’t imagine going though life refusing to understand that no one can never meet one’s lofty standards of “pure and good” personal beliefs (assuming they remain consistent over time, which is unlikely). How many formerly-acceptable people a week do you feel compelled to denounce?

This. Imposing a time out and getting your head together helps place something like an internet forum in proper perspective.

This as well.

Hey, Stusser, if you don’t mind my saying so: you have DEFINITELY tempered over the years. You were pretty darned insufferable once upon a time, and these days I generally enjoy seeing your posts.

I also take breaks from various forms of social media all the time. Heck, I backpack to take breaks from real people!

I’m currently on a break from FB, another forum, and IG soon. As a person from a family with mental health issues, it truly helps my stability to cleanse from social media every now and then.

Wishing you well, @KristiGaines! Blue skies.

I would rate Stusser a solid number out of otherNumber any day of the week.

Will miss having my fellow Knoxvillain around to whine about east TN with, but be well in wherever life takes you, Kristi.

There is nothing lofty about my standards. I’ve been wrong more than a few times in my life. There are just certain threads where people I usually agree with go off the reservation. As an example I remember how weird it was that people that seemed general left-leaning, in favor of Universal Healthcare or some other progressive idea, suddenly became very upset with the idea of forgiving school debt. It was a huge discussion about how much college education costs had risen, vs inflation compared to 2, 3, or 4 decades ago.

Don’t worry, that’s rarely an issue I have with you @RickH.

Ok, then I must have translated your language too harshly.

Because finding something weird is far less of a reaction than I thought was being described. And if I had to pay back my student loans, so should those youngsters, by gum!

Thank you for the compliment! Not in my 20s any more, haha.

I’ve been there as well and to be honest, there is a dying art of discourse (no forum pun intended,) especially so with politics. People don’t want to talk about it much, I get that. People also don’t want to hear differing opinions, I don’t get that quite as much. And people sometimes want to verbally attack opinions differing from their own in a way that is personal to the recipient. That part I really don’t get, but things get heated over small items on all of our sub forums, not just P&R. But in the age of reddit, Facebook, Twitter, etc, even I frequently have to step back and take a chill pill or delete a reply occasionally.

If we were all sitting around a bonfire and sharing talks about these subjects, the conversations would go entirely differently.

So say we all, sadly.

Maybe the biggest change that’s occurred - and it’s been slowly building over the decades, it didn’t start because of Facebook or whatever - is the increasingly fragmentation of the “informational body politic”.

It’s the Blazing Saddles problem - we all knew Blazing Saddles was satire; today, some people’s persepctives are so different from others that they actually can’t tell that it’s satire. So we can’t have “nice” things like Blazing Saddles anymore.

As information fragmentation and isolation deepen - not just with news, but with culture, art, entertainment, economics, sociological, ect - the range of acceptable public discourse has continued to shrink, the “givens” of what we can all agree on as first principles have gotten smaller and smaller. We’re not even clear about what supposedly basic concepts like Free Speech or Freedom of Religion really mean anymore (is free speech my right to anger you with speech? Does free speech mean I can’t cancel you for your speech?).

It’s hard to sit around the bonfire when someone is piping up saying Bonfires Are Murder and someone else pops up saying that they’re going to Make Bonfires Great Again and a third person pipes up and says that Bonfires are an existential threat and a fourth says that it’s their right to believe in Bonfires and they should be taught in schools. How can you agree to disagree when everyone takes the things they disagree on to be deal breakers?