Old World (pka Ten Crowns) from Soren Johnson

Eh?
Fill me in.

Fired CEO in an ugly breakup, apparently.

Oh yeah, read about that.

Hmm…maybe I am being naive, but 10 crowns looks like enough of a sure bet that any publisher will want them, should Starbreeze die.

Oh, crap, I forgot there was an association with Starbreeze.

If that goes belly up, I could see an outfit like Paradox Interactive picking it up.

Maybe it’d be best to avoid publishers with Star in the name going forward.

I was catching up on Soren’s twitter feed, and it looks like they will be (or already are) looking for more beta testers.

Do we have any public information about the direction this game is taking? I have heard nothing.

Free-to-play looter-shooter MMOBA with lootbox timers and day one DLC bundles.

Starbreeze just sold the publishing rights back to Mohawk Games.

Hopefully it works out for Soren and Mohawk.

How are things going @SorenJohnson?

Surely you’re asking because there’s a new cowboy in town.

Their announcement brought it back to mind, and I realized I hadn’t read any news since they got the publishing rights back from Starbreeze.

Well, I guess now I know why SEGA passed on 10 Crowns!

(We are doing fine… stay tuned!)

Begin as Ancient Egypt, then evolve into the Romans, the Khmers, or perhaps the Vikings.

WTF?

Just as Darwin intended.

Just going by the name but it sounds like you play as all of humankind, not a specific civ…?

I wonder if they’re taking the approach of modeling the realistic rise and fall of civilizations. In such a case, you’d have to be able to switch civs – something like Small World.

Would be kind of neat to build your civ up but then at a certain point have to start as a new tribe and then go back and conquer your old guys.