Old World (pka Ten Crowns) from Soren Johnson

Also, I dropped into the discord a while ago and it seems the missing is both comprehensive and intuitive to do…

Also posted online that Christopher Tin worked on Old World music.

Discord channel does say that they may have news on a Steam release ‘in a few months’

Soren hinted heavily at it I remember on some… Game Design Roundtable podcast? “Is Christopher Tin working on the music - I… can’t say, wink, wink”… but FUCK YEAH ;D

Sweet. Should make for a fun Canada Day.

Come on, July 1st! It can’t come soon enough!

Sweet! Looking forward to the release!

Sweet! Looking forward to the release.

I’ve gotten a lot of work done to the Offworld OST and I have similar hopes for this one. :)

Whoop! I’ll probably mess around with it a bit more now that I know the release date, but only in a limited fashion to wait on the full release.

Definitely a reason to look forward to July.

There is good reason, that Steam is so popular. It is hands down the best game database manager/launcher/store out there. I find it that if I buy a game on other platforms, they get played for a few weeks than I I’m on to a new game. I never get back to the first game, because if I don’t see on Steam it is out of sight and out of mind. Yup, I’m thinking of you Red Dead Redemption II and every game published by Microsoft (State of Decay maybe others)

All that said, Old World is a special game. Epic’s game launcher doesn’t suck (that’s not to say it is good). So I would definitely get it now rather than waiting for Steam.

Install Playnite and launch all your games from there.

You’ll get to the point where you don’t even notice/care which store they were bought from (though I still lean towards Steam if only because it’s easy to move their stuff around at the file system level).

That’s a genuine shame, since this one looked interesting. I don’t have the slightest interest in starting a debate on the storefront thing again, so I will simply say that I’d have bought this if it were not an Epic exclusive and leave it at that.

Hopefully a Steam release happens in the future.

I too am not above using the Epic store if there is no Steam option, but I do hate how the Epic store handles updates. No mention of when the update was posted, it’s size, or what it should be adding/fixing. Thankfully the Mohawk devs have done a stellar job of keeping us up to date on Discord, but it would be nice if we could have seen these notes on the Epic store itself.

I can’t find the tweets now, but I’m pretty sure Epic (plus legwork from Soren/Leyla) saved Old World after Starbreeze failed. That earns some goodwill from me.

So now EVERYONE knows. Phew! Can’t tell you how relieving that is! All we have to do is focus our energy on optimization and polish. I promised Soren the family trees by June 14th and I will deliver.
This coming week I am flying to LA to meet with Chris Tin and the gang. Ha! look at me feeling so free and comfortable discussing things openly on my favorite forum of all forums.

Same. I much prefer Steam but I don’t have issues with Epic games being on their store or games they help fund development/publish directly.

Yeah, I can’t bear any ill will toward Mohawk for that decision if cornchip’s version of events is accurate. But I still won’t install EGS, so I’ll still just have to wait.

These were the tweets I was thinking of. The whole thread is a great read, not just this middle part: