Online/IRC RP

I could play on a one or twice a week basis but I have the attention span of a fruitfly these days. I’d recommend that if someone has a homebrew setting they’ve always wanted to try out to adapt it to one of the free systems available online. That way anyone can play at no cost and the gamemaster has a captive audience for his dry run.

I can play from 8-12 EST or so most evenings.

Recapping:

Game Settings

Resources - http://true20.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2173

Game: Stalingrad
DM: Unicron McGriddle
Date: Wednesdays 7:00 PM PDT (8:00 PM MDT, 7:00 PM MST, 9:00 PM CDT, 10:00 PM EDT)
Character Meeting: 04/23/08 Wednesday
Players: Aeon221, charmtrap, Demon G Sides, Jason Lutes, Panzeh

Game: Exalted
DM: Unicron McGriddle
Date: Wednesdays 7:00 PM PDT (8:00 PM MDT, 7:00 PM MST, 9:00 PM CDT, 10:00 PM EDT)
Character Meeting: TBA
Players: Iron Xides, malkav11, quantum_mechani, Tankero

Game: Dominions(?)
DM: quantum_mechani
Date: TBA
Character Meeting: TBA
Players: TBA

Availability

Demon G Sides - Always(?)
Foxstab - Friday 13:00 - Saturday 16:00 GMT
SqueakyFoo - TBA
Iron Xides - Always(?)
quantum_mechani - TBA
Jon_Danger - Rarely(?)
malkav11 - TBA / !=D20
charmtrap - TBA / !=D20
Kalle - Friday/Saturday < 9 PM EST
Arioch - TBA
Hanacker - Maybe(?)
Kunikos - TBA / ==Paranoia
Unicorn McGriddle - TBA
tiohn - TBA
Brian Rucker - Never
Qenan - Friday/Saturday < 9 PM EST

About the place: We’d have to set up an IRC room, and my computer has certain problems with certain IRC rooms, and I have to use Mibbit. We can’t use the same place as the regular IRC channel, because they ban anyone who has over 5 Ip’s from a certain place.

Also; I’m available when I’m needed, just give me a time and I’m pretty sure I can make it.

Somewhat similar time constraints here.

I’m not wholly against doing d20 (and I think I’d rather do it than previous editions of D&D, for what that’s worth), but as I said earlier, the GM would have to have something really cool planned. I’m not up for just a dungeon crawl, y’know?

Weeknights are probably my best bet.

Wow, that’s waaaaaaay too many players to keep things rolling smoothly. I’d throw my hat into the ring too, but the smaller the group is, the better.

There’s no reason you can’t break it down into multiple groups based on availability schedules.

There’s also no way you’re going to be able to get more than half of those people together at the same time. “Maybe (?)” is probably the correct status for me because I’m in a weird time zone and 99% sure I won’t be able to make anything y’all schedule.

I can drop out if there are too many players. RL’s keeping me pretty busy these days.

With that many players, you might as well cross me off as well. I can hardly manage to show up to my IRL pnp gaming, and I have those nights permanently booked off from working.

It is a little premature for that. Right now there are 0 players. ;)

Nobody cross themselves off! We’re looking at the prospect of MULTIPLE GAMES, catering to different schedules and tastes.

Aspiring DMs, please step forward and talk about the sort of thing you’d like to run.

As I said in my post in the other thread, it’s the determination of DMs to run games that makes games happen. Woo the prospective players. Tell them about your ideas. Talk about what kind of thing you’d like to run.

Let me just say that I have zero interest in DMing. I could do that here in town if I wanted to.

Thanks, malkav.

I’ve never DMed before, and I don’t have any ideas for a system or a campaign in mind, so no.

If everybody who DOESN’T want to run a game posts, it’ll get a bit spammy. Let’s leave it to the people who do (want to run a game).

…crickets…