Orcs Must Die

Sadly, that didn’t work :(

Did you try the windowed mode suggested? with -w?

Yes, I did. No joy.

$15? Hmmmm.
How much it will be on Xbox?

Warpstorm, if you want to message me an email address, I’ll try and get a dxdiag from you and send along to the folks working on that game here inside Robot.

I looked into key remapping, and I don’t believe it is supported. It uses a fairly standard WASD control scheme or a plugged in controller but I certainly understand the desire to remap keys differently.

Kerzain, a few notes… you can beat the first few levels with only the crossbow because they are the first few levels. :) As you progress you get some pretty nifty new weapons but you definitely have to use a combination of both traps and combat skills to win (and get all 5 skulls).

Weapon kills vs traps and trap combos make a big component of your score if you’re into the whole leaderboard thing.

Once you beat the normal campaign, you unlock “Nightmare” mode that is significantly tougher. That’s the main avenue for replay, along with getting the maximum 5 skulls on each level, going for all the achievements, and competing for leaderboard scores. For a $15 game, there are a lot of hours of gameplay to be had.

Yea I assumed as much, and tried to emphasize the demo aspect as much as possible.

Played it through, and would go again except I got coding to do tonight. It was a blast and I’ll probably get it when it comes out, much more fun than Sanctum’s somewhat sterile and overly “technical” feel. The built-in environment traps are a great addition, and the deployable traps themselves are just way more fun than Sanctum’s mostly turret-based defense.

@Xemu: is Robot planning to release more stages at a future date (that you can divulge anyway)?

Yes, then there’s the DLC. :-/

Are you serious? Of course they are. This game will have DLC up the wazoo.

What worries me is that traps have a health bar. That means severe micro management when, in the full game, traps get damaged. I do not look forward to that - at all. BOO! I notice Steam doesn’t keep track of the time played via the demo. Hmm.

For almost all traps, the health bar is actually showing a recharge bar until it’s ready to fire again.

Heh, yea.

Gonna check out the demo. Any chance of coop support at one point? =)

Okay. Will traps degrade in the full game? I have a feeling some bosses will be able to destroy traps - and that scares me. In the meantime, I played 3 hours of the demo so far. Did I pre-order the full game? Yes, yes I did. Will I be unhappy about tons of DLC priced around $4.99 each? Of course. Game on!

What a shame I can only upgrade one trap in the demo. I upgraded the spikes, when (upon longer play) I should have upgraded the wall arrows. I suppose I can create another profile. Hmm.

What’s the best way to get a high score? I tried the sword and it still only gives 15 points per kill. Headshots don’t seem to matter much either, as on some levels I got many many more then previous and the total level score still hovers around the same 23K. What to do Xemu?

If you click “stats” in the post game you can see the score breakdown. Points are different than the runes you get in-game to buy traps. Play around with those categories – there’s a lot in there. IIRC some of the big pieces are getting big trap combos and letting the traps do the bulk of the killing.

But as you’ll see on the XBLA leaderboards tomorrow, my high scores are nothing to write home about. There is a deep system there though - a lot of our testers were in quite fierce competition over them.

Oh, and someone asked upthread whether the XBLA price is the same. The true answer I suppose depends on your conversion to “Microsoft Points” but basically, yeah - $15 on both ($15 vs 1200 points).

I’m playing on Steam. Do you have a high score there? Thing is only a few hours ago I was ranked around 20-23 for all three levels, in, I assume the world - I changed the filters from friends to Internet. Now, after more time I’m slipping to 50’s for all three. I have played each level 10+ times and can breeze through them. I make many headshots, I beat the PAR by a minute or so. Seems my score just doesn’t go up much at all. It seems to have plateaued. I’m wondering how these new people are getting double the score? That’s a big difference. I’ll recheck that stat you mentioned but still.

My only consolation is that at least I beat Kurina. :P

That was me again. Okay at least that’s fair.

If you’ve managed to play this demo 10+ times I really, really don’t think you need to keep worrying about how much you’ll enjoy the final product.

;_;

Was working this morning trying to catch up on that first level! Going to poke it some more this evening when I get a chance. Definitely a fun little game though, and something I’ll probably grab shortly after release if possible.